1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When to expect first pay

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by beebun, Oct 23, 2019.

1. beebun

beebun New commenter

I am starting a teaching job on 28th Oct - start of the half term. When should I expect my first pay?

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Not sure how anyone here could be expected to know! Why not ask HR at the school?

border_walker likes this.
  3. beebun

beebun New commenter

I meant end of Oct or end of Nov. HR are on holiday now

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

If your employment doesn't start until 28th October it's very unlikely you will be paid this month for just 3 days, but only HR can tell you for sure.

5. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Likely to be between the 20th/30th November. Ask your new colleagues ,what day of the month are they paid on.

Piranha likes this.
  6. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

They will have already sorted out the payroll for October, so almost certainly whenever the standard pay date for November is. Depending on the school, it could be a week or so before the month end, or even at the month end. You should get the last few days of October then, If cash is so tight that you need the October money earlier, they might be able to help; you would need to ask.