1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When the Queen asks people what they do...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Do you think she ever wishes she'd been able to do that for a living, instead of whatever it is she does?

2. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

I bet she wishes she had had a choice

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

No

BetterNow, colpee and Marshall like this.
  4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Apparently she considers the time she spent serving in the Auxiliary Territorial Service and working as a military truck driver and mechanic was one of the most enjoyable periods of her life.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Sometimes, fortune and future is not what we decided for ourselved, but where life takes us.

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  6. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I think we're lucky to have our Queen. She is surely one of the best monarchs the English have ever had - and I'm sure whatever job she'd done in life, she'd have done her best. Her attitudes are good. Imagine Mr Trump as King. hmmmmm

7. Duke of York

I think we're lucky that at the age of 92, she is still able to do her job as well as she does. When I compare her performance with that of my residents of similar ages, I reckon they'd all like a pint of whatever she drinks.

les25paul, peakster and nomad like this.
  8. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Yeah. What a steaming hypocrite. Gold plates piano in the background,,,strikingly out of touch with reality. Viva la republic. Disgraceful person. What a message to send to her so called subjects...

9. red_observer

Never done a days work in her life...

10. red_observer

Imagine a democratically elected head of state. What’s worse? Trump or the tories? Not much in it. Both evil.

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It's time to give Charlie a go

The poor sod has waited long enough

12. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Lead commenter

I like her stance on Brexit.

13. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

Electing someone as a figurative head of state would be a bit of a waste of time, like Steinmeier or Higgins .

14. red_observer

Imagine the idea of democracy being bad...waste of time?what an ignorant thing to say given the deaths of millions who have fought for it. Dove any reading about it? Welcome to a Sun reader to this forum.

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not made the New Year's Honours List again have we red? ;)

red_observer and les25paul like this.
  16. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I think being Queen has too many perks to want to do anything else. After all, she doesn't even seem to want to retire, despite being 92.

17. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

She's dined out on it ever since. "Oh the days when I got my hands dirty".

18. Duke of York

It appears the Queen's Christmas message attracted the highest viewing numbers of any programme broadcast yesterday. It just goes to show what a poor Christmas TV schedule was laid on.

19. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Or that lots of people wanted to listen to her speech.

20. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

I never suggested that democracy was bad or a waste of time. I only refrerred to electing a ceremonial head of state.