1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When should teachers mark their books?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by haywire, Mar 4, 2012.

1. haywire

haywire New commenter

I usually do mine during lunch, after school or at home never during a lesson as it would take too long and I need to be working with the children.

2. hi,
    I mark at home, during lunch etc I do also mark during the lesson as do both my TA's. It the only way managable with 33 year 6 children. We each have a group that we manage and work with, then mark as we go along. The children also mark their own work for example in maths. You have to do what works for you.

3. impis

impis New commenter

Sometimes its useful to mark books in the lesson - you can discuss the work with the students as you do it, which can be more useful than writing comments that they don't read and ignore anyway.
    And sometimes, it's appropriate to peer mark - swap books and go over the answers, with the students marking each others work. [or even just their own]