1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When should I start looking for and applying for jobs?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by hummi7883, Dec 14, 2011.

1. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Dear Theo
    I never came to this forum as I never felt the need!!
    Finishing my first placement tomorrow.(SE1) ....It went really well but I can't wait to have my own class already!!!!
    Some one said I should start applying for jobs now....Really??
    When do the jobs for september come up?
    I am training in Science(Physics) by the way....and live in london,if that helps.
    Thanks !!!

2. Start looking as soon as possible! Although in reality most jobs for a Sept start usually tend to start popping up around March time (these tend to be for independent schools) and then there's supposed to be a bigger flurry in May as this is around the time when people who are planning on leaving their current jobs/retiring have to of handed their notices in.

I say supposed to be a flurry, as (not that) oddly enough that didn't happen this year, although for Physics in London I'm sure you'll be snapped up!
    (Clearly chose the 'right' subject to go for there)!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

JAN!! Okay so they're may not be to may jobs popping up but leave it to0 late and you could be joining our lovely forum for longer than you'd like.No matter how busy you are makethe time to apply for jobs as after all that why you're training. Good luck xx

4. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

thanks everyone....!!!
    Good luck to you all too.....

5. I agree with everyone. Start applying now. When I completed uni, I got my first job in March for September start. Aim for secondary NQT pools.