1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When should a pupil be permanently excluded?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by jacksm8, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I sometimes despair when I see how much time and effort we spend chasing around after rude, lazy, arrogant and abusive students. Sometimes the student just ends up laughing at us because "nothing" happens despite school rules being broken many, many times, hundreds of lessons disrupted, property damaged, nerves shredded and generally a very poor example being set to other students.

Schools seem unable to do anything with these pupils because of the framework they are forced to work within.

Don't get me wrong, these pupils need understanding and an education but clearly main stream is ill equipped to deal with them and by the time a permanent exclusion happens (unless very serious offences occur) there has often been over 12 months of collateral damage and god knows what the effect on other students and grades has been.

Do we need more PRUs and easier routes to them or do we need more power within the main stream system?

2. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Occasional commenter

A neat summation.

Your final question ? "It's a no-brainer."

You're still not sure ?

"Read your own post !"

Need I say more ?