1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When Mother's Day feels extra special...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by magmac, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Thank you...even you, bauble, you cheeky sod!

3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I knew that you'd be off work as you'd mentioned it on the Scotland part of TES but I never imagined that you had been so unwell. I'm glad that you are ok. By the way,how are you getting on with your search for a dress?

4. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I am sorry to hear that you have been so unwell Seren. Hope you are recevering well and it is good news about your cookery skills :) You must come and visit us on the Cookery forum.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's a weird thing, catmother - I've not really been unwell - I had the heart attack out of the blue (obviously there was a problem but I hadn't been ill..though I had been very tired in the previous week). Because I got to hospital very quickly after the pain started I was almost treated before I had time to register that I was having a heart attack...and now having the stent, the drugs and the time off work I feel very well....better than I have in ages really.
    I've lost a stone since January so I'm waiting a few weeks to see if I lose a bit more before I start the serious search. Because I've been walking a lot in the last couple of weeks I've come across a wee shop that does nice "weddingy" outfits - and accessories - so I'll be popping in there regularly while I'm off.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

good grief... are you trying to give me another heart attack?

7. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Let us know when you find "the one".

8. Crikey, seren that was a bit unexpected -so glad to hear you are on the mend!
    Actually just polished off a lovely bit of gateau from mum-in-law, still baking like crazy a quartercentury after her major heart attack.
    Thinking of cookery, I bet the thing that bothers you most at the moment is looking at the garden and seeing all those WEEDS...-better check up on dandelion recipes.Very medicinal!
    Maybe you should get your nearest and dearest to bring not bunches of flowers or cholesterol-laden chocs but whopping big sacks of bark (and instruct them where to get spreading whilst still in mega-sympathetic mode)

9. So sorry to hear this, seren_dipity. Take it easy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You know me so well! Apparently I'm not supposed to dig etc but I had an afternoon of chopping back dead stuff because I couldn't bear to see the daffs in amongst the remnants of last year's perennials. I usually binge garden at this time of year so it's not easy to look out and see the weeds looking so healthy! The weather's a bit rubbish at the moment but as soon as we get another nice day I'm looking forward to going out and planting the bulbs one dear friend sent me instead of flowers (another one who knows me well).
    Ha! That lasted about 3 days - there are disadvantages to looking this good! Because there's no visible damage and I don't look in the slightest bit peely wally the sympathy ran out within days!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I bet you were worried about the post count dropping if I wasn't posting! [​IMG]

12. I'm glad to read that you feel well. Must've been a heck of a shock through.
    Good luck with the speedy recovery. Lots and lots of health-inducing, warm wishes from me to you [​IMG]

13. I bet!
    You were missed Seren, but I am sure none of us realised something so serious had happened.
    So glad you are on the mend and feeling good. Onwards and upwards! x x x

14. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I'm not on here often enough these days to register comings and goings, but I had a shock on reading your OP and I am so glad that you were in the right place at the right time when it happened. Onwards and upwards, and as frustrating as it must be to hear your garden beckoning for attention, <u>do</u> take it easy! All in good time...
    I wish you all the best!

15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That does come as a shock. Glad to hear that you had quick and effective treatment.
    Take it easy and keep on the strong recovery x

16. I wish you all the very best for a good recovery seren. Take good care of yourself
    Cx