1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

when its all just getting a bit too much ...again

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by lattedrinker, Jan 24, 2016.

1. lattedrinker

lattedrinker New commenter

Managed to get myself a new permanent job having been on supply for a few years following a near capability procedure. But find myself in the same position that I cant really cope with the amount of work and organisation of it all. Also, my own lack of subject knowledge in maths and English.
    I watch clips on the internet about how to teach a certain method, say in maths, then deliver whats been shown, but it just isn't right.
    Also not kept up with the dreaded planning...and its 2.15am and im still wide awake.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sounds like you're getting worried about things again, which will heighten the tension, make you sleep less well . . .

Well done for recognising you're entering possible 'health problems' early, so I suggest a trip to your Drs. I've read somewhere a large proportion of their patients are teachers suffering stress, I know many serving teachers (who though they keep it fairly quiet) are 'under the Dr.'! So the Dr. probably won't be that surprised.

It may not involve taking tablets, but other means to help yourself. Were you given any coping strategies last time? Time to dust them off, if you were!;)

Take care. Stress is insidious and creeps up on one and each time one gets better at recognising the signs to begin early intervention.