1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When is it right to just move on?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by BuryFCA1, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BuryFCA1

BuryFCA1 New commenter

In a recent learning walk I was graded a 3. My last observation was a 2 but two prior observations to that were graded 3's and every time I have been told that I am just that little finishing touch away from being a consistent 2 but every time I get a grade 3 the feedback is always inconsistent and different things need tweaking!
    My HoD is best mates with our Head and me and my HoD dont always see eye to eye. My HoD is not mentally stable and this is clear to see to lots of staff but the friendship with the Head is hindering our process as a dept. We keep employing new teachers in our dept who stay for the short term and then move on citing irreconcilable differences with our HoD. I have been stuck here for 5 years now but love the school and other staff.
    Our Head has given me a Head of Year role covering a maternity and I have shone in the role but she wont guarantee me a permanent Head of Year role in the future because I need to be a consistent 2 in the classroom.
    Am I being singled out and played along or am I paranoid? Honesty please!

2. BuryFCA1

BuryFCA1 New commenter

In a recent learning walk I was graded a 3. My last observation was a 2 but two prior observations to that were graded 3's and every time I have been told that I am just that little finishing touch away from being a consistent 2 but every time I get a grade 3 the feedback is always inconsistent and different things need tweaking!
    My HoD is best mates with our Head and me and my HoD dont always see eye to eye. My HoD is not mentally stable and this is clear to see to lots of staff but the friendship with the Head is hindering our process as a dept. We keep employing new teachers in our dept who stay for the short term and then move on citing irreconcilable differences with our HoD. I have been stuck here for 5 years now but love the school and other staff.
    Our Head has given me a Head of Year role covering a maternity and I have shone in the role but she wont guarantee me a permanent Head of Year role in the future because I need to be a consistent 2 in the classroom.
    Am I being singled out and played along or am I paranoid? Honesty please!