1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

when I get in from work.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparklyeyes, Jan 12, 2011.

1. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

I just don't want to speak to anybody. For example, two teenage daughters and husband both asking me if I have had a good day (yes reasonable), bombarding me with questions/statements such as 'there is a cake in the fridge' and so on. Am I the only one who really doesn't want to have to start talking as soon as I walk in the door? Maybe it is a reaction to having to talk all day and then a 45 minute drive home. I don't know.
    How is it with you?

2. perriwinkle

perriwinkle New commenter

Drive home singing to Radio 1 in attempt to chill out;
    Rush home with potentially tired and hungry child;
    Arrive home around same time as OH;
    Endeavour to make a meal that will appeal to all (or just make 3 if that's easier!) - to be fair, lot's of "yum" votes recently;
    Listen to OH telling me about his day whilst I cook;
    Offer some interaction and views on his day (new job - teaching adults)
    After dinner, tidy kitchen whilst OH does homework with Miss P before I get her ready for bed & hear reading.
    Various washing/tidying/sorting out jobs........or s*d it and sit down and veg

Should have also said, put on my pj's at earliest opportunity!!! LOVE chillin' in my pj's :)

3. My husband doesn't particularly enjoy his job and he's in his own office for most of the day counting beans on a spreadsheet. If I ask how his day's been, I get "Over, thankfully" or "Same old".