1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When Does the Pay Increase Start?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Spongeb0b, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Spongeb0b

Spongeb0b New commenter

Hi,

Could anybody confirm when teachers can expect the 2.75% pay increase? Will it be seen in wages this year, or later? I'm confused!

Thanks

2. pentagonal

pentagonal New commenter

Should be in your next pay. Some schools give it at the end of October and include the back pay.

3. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

If you have passed your PM you should also have that pay back dated to September 1st.

4. lynne33

lynne33 New commenter

My head said it hadn't been confirmed yet? When it is confirmed it will be backdated. Doesn't apply to me though as it's at the top and the bottom of the pay spines!

5. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

Confirmed just this past Fri, at the 2.75% rise for all pay ranges, MP, UP, leadership. Does your school pay policy only apply it to the top and bottom?

6. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Looking forward to payday next week.

7. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

The only people who must get a rise are those earning below the new minima. STPCD says Except for teachers and leaders on the minima of their respective ranges or group ranges, schools must determine – in accordance with their own pay policy – how to take account of the uplift to the national framework in making individual pay progression decisions.

I would hope that all schools would honour the rise across the whole scale, but they don't have to unless their written policy says so.

strawbs likes this.
  8. Spongeb0b

Spongeb0b New commenter

Thanks. Hope so !