1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When do you think I'd hear by?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by modgepodge, May 4, 2012.

1. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Deadline was Monday, short listing today. Interviews are Thursday. Can't help feeling they'll call short listed candidates today as with the bank holiday Tuesday seems v late? As its now gone half 5 I can't help feeling I probably wasn't short listed....

2. modgepodge

Deadline was Monday, short listing today. Interviews are Thursday. Can't help feeling they'll call short listed candidates today as with the bank holiday Tuesday seems v late? As its now gone half 5 I can't help feeling I probably wasn't short listed....

3. chloejewel

chloejewel New commenter

I wish I could help but am sat here feeling the same thing.
    My closing date was 12 noon today and the letter said they were shortlisting this afternoon. Interviews at some point next week but they want to come and visit the shortlisted candidates before interview. Feels a bit too late for me too :( Gutted as I really thought I stood a chance of getting an interview this time.

4. modgepodge

Gosh they haven't given themselves long to short list...don't know hat the situation where you are is but round here jobs can get 100+ applicants. Can't imagine how they'd even read all those in an afternoon let alone decide who they like?

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

The head usually reads and does a pre-shortlisting 'sift' as applications arrive, to be honest.

6. Ozzie777

Ozzie777 New commenter

I have recently started to call to speak to the HR person or HT assistant if I haven't heard anything shortly after the cut-off day - otherwise you never know the outcome. This sets my mind at rest. In some cases the person on the other end offers to arrange some feedback on my application. So far, they have always been sympathetic, polite and never sound annoyed at my call. (Even if they did it doesn't matter if I haven't been shortlisted).