1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When do you break up for the summer holidays?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Getzlaf2007, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Getzlaf2007

Getzlaf2007 New commenter

I break up next Friday! Yeah!

2. Getzlaf2007

Getzlaf2007 New commenter

I break up next Friday! Yeah!

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

Lucky you ... we finish on 20th!

[​IMG]

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

20th for me as well.

5. Sorry for sounding slightly smug but we finished last Friday (29th June!) [​IMG]

6. star9

star9 New commenter

12th

7. McCahey

McCahey New commenter

Last week!!! OK, only because I had quite a major op. It was worth it.

8. Friday 20th as well.

9. Not soon enough!
    Friday 20th and counting the days!

10. 19th is the last day for the kids, we have INSET on 20th. Sooooooo tired, just want to get through the next 9 1/2 days without collapsing.

11. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Last day with the kids is 17th, we don't finish till the 20th. Will be very sad though as we are closing.

12. 26th - boo hoo!

13. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

We officially break up on Mon 23rd but have an INSET for that day and have done 3 twilight INSETs to make the time up so we're actually breaking up on Fri 20th. This is a good thing as whoever decided to break up on a Monday is clearly a lunatic.
    Is it unprofessional that I've got a countdown on my whiteboard that gets updated every day with how many school days left?!

14. I broke up on 6th July BUY go back on 28th August.#

15. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Waves at Nick.

I can't believe we have to come in on the Monday. I can't see many of my fellow teachers producing much work on that day.

I also don't think the countdown clock sounds too bad. I've been getting the children to update me with how many hours I have left until I get rid of them.

16. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We also officially break up on the 23rd, but have that as an INSET and don't have to be in school for it.

17. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

What!!!
    I am no longer speaking to you.

18. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can I still read your general posts and use the advice and ideas even if you aren't actually speaking to me?

However lots of us are moving classrooms and having new furniture (if someone gets their act together and orders it) and so will be in then anyway to sort everything out.

19. I'm the same as Minnie. We always have our last INSET day around then and never have to come in for it.