1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When do jobs get advertised for primary in KL or Bangkok?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by teacher2b?, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am hoping to apply for a primary esp KS1 job in KL or Bangkok. Are there any set hand in dates for people resigning from posts like in the UK? Eg do most jobs get advertised at Xmas for starting in the summer? Are there many positions normally going in these areas?

Many thanks,

2. Hi,

I am hoping to apply for a primary esp KS1 job in KL or Bangkok. Are there any set hand in dates for people resigning from posts like in the UK? Eg do most jobs get advertised at Xmas for starting in the summer? Are there many positions normally going in these areas?

Many thanks,

3. Hello I can only comment on KL, most schools there ask the staff to let them know by January of the year that they are leaving, of course unexpected vacancies do happen.
    With KL you will see many vacancies, but be careful there are a lot more bad schools than there are good, some very very bad! If you PM me I would be happy to let you know which are which.

4. Exuk,
    I would really appreciate the same info on schools in KL / Malaysia. I have PMed you. Thanks.

5. Buttles

Buttles New commenter

Send me your resume - I might have great opening for you.
    NB - I am not a recruiting agent

6. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Sounds like a desperate head; there are several of them in KL panicking right now because they haven't the staff.
    You could be foolish enough to send your CV. However, I advise waiting for the better schools to advertise on the TES and other normal channels.
    @OP - You may be lucky and find a decent school here with a last minute vacancy because someone doesn't turn up next month. Otherwise, watch out from around November to February for ads at those schools that are expanding and planning ahead.

7. I just want to support what Mistermaker has said, the good schools here are already fully staffed, there are numerous vacancies still open at the bad ones but you would regret taking them with a very short time.