1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

when do i return to work? silly question I know but confused

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by chubbyone, Feb 23, 2012.

1. chubbyone

chubbyone New commenter

Got issued a sick note today from the doctors for a week. I had to go today as only day I could be taken, even though my self cert note does not offically run out till Sunday, so I would have returned to work on Monday. The doctor issued one today ( though did say could go back next week if no better) When will I have to return back to work? Next Friday? I am getting very confused.

2. Has the doctor put a date to return at the bottom or just said 1 week? If the doctor has said a date, you go back then.
    If not, you go back to work the day AFTER the cert runs out. So, yes, it would be next Friday, unless you need to revisit doc next week and get another cert.
    HTH and that you feel better soon!

3. chubbyone

chubbyone New commenter

Thanks. Thought it was but than thought not. Must be the painkillers playing with my mind:(
    Hopefully will not have to go back to docs, wishful thinking on my part but min over matter and all that. Once I can take edge off pain will be back at work.

Incidentally note said week no date.