1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When do I need a sicknote?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jun 27, 2012.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You can have until next Tuesday without a certificate. If you don't go to work next Wednesday, you need a certificate.

I would be tempted to see your doctor now, though there is technically no need.

2. If I was ill I would see the GP as soon as and then sort out the paperwork.

3. See your doctor straight away. Legally you can self certificate for a week but many LAs are now introducing policies of asking for a doctors line after 3 days. If there is a dispute, all the more reason.

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Try posting on workplace dilemmas. It's very supportive over there too. I'm sorry you are ill. Xox

5. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Sorry you're not feeling so well surf kitty. Many schools have an insurance scheme that kicks in after 3 days, and the insurance company will need a sick note. They won't accept self certifying.