1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WHEN can I administer my KS1 SATs???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emjenkins87, May 4, 2012.

1. emjenkins87

emjenkins87 New commenter

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone had any help for me?
    I am new to Year 2 and I was wondering how long a time period do you have to
    administer the SATs? As in do I have to administer them over a week long period or
    could I do them over three days in three weeks?
    Please reply as soon as possible! [​IMG]
    One stress NQT! xxx

2. emjenkins87

emjenkins87 New commenter

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone had any help for me?
    I am new to Year 2 and I was wondering how long a time period do you have to
    administer the SATs? As in do I have to administer them over a week long period or
    could I do them over three days in three weeks?
    Please reply as soon as possible! [​IMG]
    One stress NQT! xxx

3. There are loads of threads on here re SAT's- just do a search of the forum. I spread mine out- we did the short writing all together & L2 Reading ( ch not sitting this were with TA instead) last week. We did L3 reading this week ( my helpful TA took the others whilst I did the L3's in the classroom with me) & we did our long writing all together today- I got them to do a planning sheet on Weds for this. Next week I will do the spelling test all together, then do Maths in Week 6 & any Tasks then too. I've left maths til last as I think it's hardest!
    Hope that helps and yes, as Impulce says that purple booklet is your bible- they used to send it to schools but now you have to download & print off yourself.
    Oddly enough lots of my children say how much they enjoyed the special booklets- freaks!!
    Good Luck!

4. lindsay84

lindsay84 New commenter

We got ours sent to us.

5. Once you receive the test in February you can do them at any point from then onwards and spread them out however you like.