Is it better to sign up to a supply agency now for next academic year or wait until September? Currently on a maternity contract at a secondary school that is ending soon and don't have work as yet for September. With time running out to find something more permanent for then. I'm now weighing up my options as to what to do for the best. I'm a UPS 3 teacher and missed out getting the job on my last interview due to a cheaper 'younger' model. Getting therefore slightly disheartened and think supply maybe my way forward. (Don't teach a shortage subject).