1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When are you getting it up?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 23, 2019.

1. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well if it reassures you, I tried to get one up in my classroom yesterday but was told I'd have to wait until the kids go home. Fair enough.
    I got the IT manager to come and help me at 4.00, and I gave him one for his office too.
    As a thank you for going above and beyond.

sodalime, Jamvic, lrw22 and 2 others like this.
  2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I'm sure it was pat tested....:eek:

Jamvic likes this.
  3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I'll be getting the Santa Express advent train out tomorrow and putting the tree up next weekend. Normally I'd leave it another week but I'm meeting some bunch of deadbeat losers that weekend in London.

4. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

As you can see from my avatar, my virtual tree is well and truly erect. The 'real' one, however, remains within the confines of its box. awaiting its release by the Baby Bassetts. (I'm not allowed to get it up without supervision...)

Attached Files:

Jamvic and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Truly a magnificent erection. I compliment you on its knobbly structure. :eek:

6. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Mr V and I will be getting it up this week. We never get it up until Belle starts us off.

7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I'll change my avatar from the summery Aperol Spritz to something mulled and wintery.

Jamvic and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

*snork*

RepelloInimicum and rosievoice like this.
  9. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

I'm going to report this thread. It's disgusting. Call yourselves teachers, not one of you has mentioned a risk assessment nor taken any precautions before getting it up. Bring back the cane!

10. Sally006

Sally006 Senior commenter

If it were up to me the tree would go up on Christmas Eve. We always have a fresh tree and so I see no point in putting it up weeks before so that it is a dried out twig by Christmas Day! However, as a parent the pressure is on to get the tree in place before then. This year I’m guessing it will be up 16th or 17th.

Jamvic likes this.
  11. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

ms honey and (deleted member) like this.
  12. ms honey

ms honey Occasional commenter

The three big erections I pass on my way to school brighten up my mornings

lynneseptember and Jamvic like this.
  13. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Quite right too. It's far too important for you to handle the job yourself.

14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Finally got it up today.
    Bit of a DIY job as Mr Belle just lay down on the sofa and did nothing..............he just watched my struggle!

15. peakster

peakster Star commenter

We put up our advent calendar this morning (even though our Daughter is not with us any longer) and I will be getting our faithful Argos tree down from the loft next weekend. We still have the toilet roll fairy that our daughter made so many years ago to put on top of it.

Tomorrow morning I will begin making Xmas decorations with my form for our room and I bought a Christmas present this morning when I saw something that was just perfect for someone.

Doesn't seem too long ago that I was doing this for last Christmas.

16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

mr. jubilee decided yesterday that there's no point in him getting it up at all this year. We are spending the first Xmas in over 30 years at my parent's house nearly 200 miles away and will be gone for around 6 days.Cards are going up but nothing else.

sodalime, lynneseptember and Jamvic like this.
  17. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

It's up! Standing proud in all its glory.

18. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Watch out for droop.

19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

So far so good Dunty!
    Mr Belle is refreshing his daily for maximum length and endurance.
    We don't like droop at Belle Towers you know.

20. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

You're not getting it up at all? Not even a little one with a couple of baubles?

sodalime, lynneseptember and Jamvic like this.