1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When are you getting it up?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 23, 2019.

1. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

It always amuses me how many of my friends like a robin on top, when any old star will do for me.

Jamvic and sodalime like this.
  2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Do you spectate?

3. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

Not getting it up in the bay window this year. Mr Flowers will be erecting in the corner for a change. Privacy, y'know.

4. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

I'm quite partial to one of those cherubs on top - naked and chubby with rosy cheeks.

lanokia likes this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

As I recall, @sodalime hails from Scotland. Nobody up there opens a window between October and April. It would be the height of profligacy to waste whatever heat you have through an open window.

This isn't a comment about Scots people by the way, it's about what the Scottish climate brings in terms of the misery it brings in the middle of winter.

The very last machine I sold before I retired from flogging them, was the most expensive machine I ever sold. I closed the sale a few days before Christmas. It went into a factory near Gretna Green, so not that far into Scotland.

It took ages to scrape the ice of the windscreen of the van I had the demonstration machine in and the car park of the hotel I stayed in was treacherous to get out of. Nobody in their right mind opens a window to let the cold in around Christmastime up there.

Ezzie, Jamvic and sodalime like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well I guess yes... I watch her at work.

7. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I think I need to replace the batteries. It will last longer.

Jamvic, lanokia, sodalime and 2 others like this.
  8. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I read that as 'I just want a wee on the window'!

9. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Thing is... when I try and get it up at any other time of year MrsLan slaps it and tells me to put it away.

But along comes Christmas and she can't wait.

11. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Last year we had such a big one to get up in the kitchen that I asked my friend Arnold Schwarzenegger to come over and give me a hand, but when he saw it he refused. "Why?" I asked him."Is it too big? Or is it just that you don't like Christmas at all?"
    My guess must have been correct, because before turning to leave the room he simply replied "Have to love Easter, baby".

12. primarycat

It's the egg nog. Or mulled wine. Embrace the moment.

13. primarycat

I'm going for length but reduced girth this year. I think it may fit in more easily.

14. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

A woman walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre…
    So the barman gives her one.
    Meera Syal

15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Our erection will go up next Sunday. I like to enjoy it for the whole of December.

16. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Primarycat, I’ve always thought girth is overrated.

primarycat likes this.
  17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Better than I get offered... MrsLan says if we can't fit it in she'll lop off the end.

18. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

Sensible, means there still room for the baubles.

primarycat and (deleted member) like this.
  19. primarycat

Scary!

20. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

When my toyboy gets here.