1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When are you getting it up?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

2. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

STOP, STOP......... you're all being a bit premature. Haven't you heard the government has announced a general erection on 12th Dec. Apparently we all get a shot but only one so you have to get it right first time and, quite rightly, it's adults only.

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

We have made a decision not to have a tree this year. We gave it away (6ft artificial tree) via a local neighbourhood buy/sell/giveaway site. We also gave away a number of decorations. A nice young couple came to collect the items and were very happy.
    Baaaaaahhhh Humbug!!

4. littlejackhorner

littlejackhorner Occasional commenter

Not sure that we will get it up at all this year. My husband lost his Mum earlier this year and doesn't feel like celebrating Christmas. I'm not fussed about this time of year anyway so not bothered if we don't get it up- bah humbug.
    This thread has given me a good laugh though.

5. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

We're just having a small discrete one on the living room table.
    Tonight, hopefully.

My neighbours on the other hand tend to have a huge one in the corner of their front room, although they did tell me they are a bit worried this year about their new kitten hanging off it. There's nothing worse than something tugging on the tinsel when all you want is a broad steady display with an angel on top.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  6. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

That reminded me of this. :D
    3C6FD0BA-F187-4B2F-8CB8-35B2FD506ED0.jpeg

7. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

I just want a wee one on the window ledge of the conservatory like last year, so that the neighbours can enjoy it too. It was a bit of a balancing act though, and didn't last long.

8. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I wish I’d had someone to help me do it earlier. I mean I can manage on my own but it’s not quite the same as having someone to give you a hand.

9. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well, the boys have all come back from football. Sozzled.
    **sigh**
    Looks like it's gonna have be another fake one later after all.

10. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

You can get really decent pop up ones from Wilko, they're not bad at all.

Jamvic, sodalime and (deleted member) like this.
  11. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

O no, you don't want it on a window ledge- it gets blown off straight away if the windows are open.

littlejackhorner and sodalime like this.
  12. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Nobody round here has got it up. Mind you I live in a street of old folks generally, they probably need a bit longer to get it up.

13. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

I'm loving all of these double entendres.... Keep them coming!! :D

towncryer, Jamvic, Dunteachin and 3 others like this.
  14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Our edifice is still in the loft and won’t be erected for a couple of weeks. There are a number of alterations to be made before any erecting can take place and I shall need to wield the feather duster.

15. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

I'm a bit stumped as to when to put up my tree...

Jamvic likes this.
  16. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Where would be most satisfying?

17. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

So, your small, discrete one.

How discreet is it?:p

lindenlea and Jamvic like this.
  18. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Filth!

19. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

So do I, but I still live in hope of seeing a really big one on display. I like them brightly lit. One year some old guy was getting his up and his baubles were pink and of different sizes. I stood and stared for ages, it was a lovely display. Then I went home and managed to convince OH it was time to get his up. Only took a few minutes.

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

It wouldn't be up without her... sometimes she tells me to leave it alone and she gets it up herself.

ms honey, Jamvic, sodalime and 2 others like this.