1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When are you getting it up?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 23, 2019.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My goodness.....................folk are at it already!
    Never seen so many getting it up in November.
    Went to Baby Belle's for supper this week and their neighbours were at it already. Baby Belle said they'd been at it all week.
    Now, although Mr Belle and I never get it up in November, but in anticipation I've decided to move from traditional balls this year to assorted fruit, veg and kitchen appliances when we get it up in the snug (bit of a foodie, me!). For the main erection in our vaulted room we shall continue to be traditional, but Mr Belle says at his age he'd prefer a smaller erection that previous years.
    We are planning on getting it up next weekend.....well, Sunday as Saturday is still NOVEMBER!! I do feel a sense of desperation/urgency in those wishing to get it up too soon.

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

On our drive home last Sunday we saw two Christmas window erections and a few tree lights in front gardens, some of the very large houses nearby have the trees lit in their grounds and have done for over a week, cheers me up on the dark drive home.

We have been eeking away at Christmas winter cleaning prep/tidy and sorting for a few weeks now, just inside windows to go then we'll be good to go... In December!

sodalime, Jamvic and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

We will be getting it up earlier than usual this year due to OH having to work away from home throughout mid-Dec :(. With this in mind I’ve told him that I want us to have it done, dusted and ALL up, to my satisfaction of course, by the first week in Dec. As my OH is an incessant and crafty ‘half-job Harry’ I’ve made it very clear that there’s no getting it half up leaving me with the grunt work while he’s away. ;)

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'm told I can get it up next weekend.

5. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I’ve wanted to do it for ages but knew it was wrong. Today I just couldn’t wait anymore, so as soon as I had the house to myself I did it in secret.

6. teapot24

teapot24 New commenter

I'm recovering from an op so haven't the energy to get it up at the moment. Have to think about location as last year my husband's massive erection got in the way of the telly. I have enough trouble with my neighbour's brightly lit bush shining through my sitting room window.

7. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Utter ruddy filth! I'm not making this up! New neighbours next-door-but-one have been displaying their baubles to all and sundry for the past week!

With the curtains open! He has ginormous purple ones.

And there's a child present!

8. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Kitchen appliances?

5F9B4DE2-72E4-4CA4-886D-A3D2A8AAABCA.jpeg

Or, more like...

F2EB1AF3-0F11-4B61-9439-60CDC82BCB60.jpeg
    258375FE-61B3-40E8-BAEC-05076526C8FA.jpeg

BelleDuJour and needabreak like this.
  9. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

You get grunting?
    *impressed*

10. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

[​IMG]
    The instructions take a bit of working out though, because they didn't number all the parts.

11. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Mr jubilee and I couldn't decide when to get it up this year. We discussed it with family at a recent get-together (22 members in attendance) and everyone had different ideas about when and where to mount it.
    After our mass debate, we decided that we were quite satisfied waiting until the Saturday before Xmas, and keeping the erection going until twelfth night.

12. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

We aren't allowed to get it up until after my husband's birthday on the 9th. We've just erected our new grandfather clock though! I'll put a bit of tinsel on it when the time comes. Also on the clock.:D:D:D:D

13. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Do you live next door to me? ;)

14. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

We have the necessary equipment for an annual erection being delivered on the 21st December. Amazing what the internet can provide. I don't like a premature erection as I fear drooping and dropping.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We'll be erect all month.

towncryer, nomad, sodalime and 5 others like this.
  16. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

Our vicars at it again, He's not got it up yet as that requires the assistance of the parish councillors as its a big one but I saw him measuring up for it in the churchyard.

17. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I've heard about them.

BertieBassett2 likes this.
  18. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I'm glad it's collaborative event between you and Mrs lan.

19. towncryer

towncryer Lead commenter

No erections here in my part of the the Middle East. Displaying your baubles in public could get you more than a slap on the wrist.
    We'll just get it up dscreetly in the corner of the living room.

BelleDuJour, sodalime, Jamvic and 4 others like this.
  20. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Ah, this thread has made me chortle - so many risqué remarks! Mine is as yet lying supine in its box and is a long way from erection status. At least it's out of the loft, together with its balls.