1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

when are SAT's results back in school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 666, Jun 21, 2011.

1. 666

Cheers x

2. 666

Cheers x

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I think that they might be sending them out later this week. I'm not a marker though. The deadline to finish marking was Sunday (again,I think).

4. 666

Thanks - I'll keep my eyes peeled then

5. Get collected from markers from tomorrow onwards (was originally down as Thursday so don't expect a mad rush back immediately). Deadline for returns is 1st, results go up on the 5th (markers don't get level thresholds at all this year - all done electronically)

6. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Parcelforce are collecting mine on Friday so look out from Monday onwards folks! Hope my class's are sent off as quick, as even without getting the level thresholds till the 5th, we'll get a good idea of our results as they only vary by about a mark from year to year. Good luck everyone!

7. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Apparently our headteacher got an email this morning saying everything will arrive on the 5th - marks, thresholds and papers.

8. Milgod

I think that is the deadline. The results will be online at midnight on the 5th, so I doubt all papers around the country will arrive then.

9. Deadline for return is the 5th so, as others say, any time from now on. Just hoping, as usual, that the writing was marked fairly. Like everyone I'm sure, we have had some shockers with the writing marking,

10. We recieved our maths papers today!!!!!

11. Milgod

Wooooooo!

How did they do? Or are you hiding under your covers crying. . . .

12. Anyone else got any back yet?

13. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Omg that makes it REAL!!!!!

14. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeps...I echo that! Scary, scary time!

We have LA inspectors on Monday and Tuesday next week. Do NOT want ours back until after they have gone. One stress at a time is quite sufficient!

15. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

If the dreaded blue bags arrive, get the secretary to hide them!

16. Results will be available online on 5th July.
    Do returned papers have marks or levels recorded on them?

17. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Marks yes levels no, thresholds and kids' levels on July 5 online

18. We got our English papers back today. I wasn't expecting them at all so was a nasty shock. I've had a look based on last year's thresholds - lots of pressure to analyse results. Reading looks good; writing not so good. Ho hum ........ Maths tomorrow?

19. Just total marks - the markers haven't seen the thresholds at all this year, fed the scores in and submitted them electronically for the levels to be generated centrally. The other change is that markers haven't had to do the scaled spelling score - just the raw spelling score on the papers as well.

20. We had our English back today - only the raw scores on them. It's a special kind of torture knowing that borderline children could be one mark into a level 5, or they might be one mark away! Reading was good -some of the highest scores I've had. Writing was all over the place - some marked too high (don't mind that!) but most scores appear to be in the incorrect bands and were too low. Actually got the feeling that the marker was marking the kids largely on their handwriting! So glad I'm not doing year 6 next year as this whole process is demoralising and depressing. Despite quite good reading scores the low writing scores has had a knock-on effect on the overall English scores - guess I'll be sending them off to be remarked!