1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When am I paid until?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by JWTBH, Feb 19, 2012.

1. JWTBH

JWTBH New commenter

If I give my term's notice in April to finish my contract as a classroom teacher at the end of the acaddemic year in July, do I get paid until the end of August?

2. JWTBH

JWTBH New commenter

If I give my term's notice in April to finish my contract as a classroom teacher at the end of the acaddemic year in July, do I get paid until the end of August?

3. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Yes I think so

4. yes definitely.

5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Assuming you are in an LA maintained school yes because strictly speaking you haven't given notice to expire in July you've given notice to expire 31st August. It's defined that way in the National Conditions of Service ('Burgundy Book'). Although for practical purposes you finish at the end of the summer term in July, legally you continue to be an employee at your currrent school until 31st August.

6. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

Yes, but be sure (as RW states) to put August 31st as effective date of termination.