1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's your vision for the faculty?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by teacherphil, Jan 19, 2014.

1. I applied for a head of science faculty role recently and was unsuccessful. The feedback was very positive but said that my answers were more management than leadership and that my overall vision wasn't clear. I have another interview coming up soon for the school which I currently work. If you were applying for this role what would your vision be. We are a small 11-16 mixed comp with a good Ofsted and pretty much average results. The science faculty encompasses science GCSE btec, phys,Chem, biol, btec health social care. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. What will your faculty look like?

How will you move it in that direction?

What are the challenges that face education will face your faculty?

What will good/outstanding teaching look like in your faculty?

Where should results be heading?

How will you get the faculty to move forward?

Is there a review needed of curriculum provision at faculty level? Are you offering the right courses?

What will intervention look like in your faculty to maximise learning for PP or the most able? - or pick any other group of students for that matter.

Random selection of my thoughts.

3. Thanks for the reply.