1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's your type?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SleighBelle, Aug 24, 2012.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

My type: Articulate, a bit geeky, smiley, dark-haired.
    I'm not really a 'crush' kind of person, but have just fallen back in lust with Alex James (Blur bass man) and discovered a new one, Charle Harry from ice-cream company 'Lick Me, I'm Delicious'. Both have been on some crappy cookery lunchtime telly thing with Mel Whatserface and the italian chef man. Yum!
    Charle
    [​IMG]
    Alex
    [​IMG]
    What's your type?

2. And mine is 6'3", blue eyes, slightly overweight, bald, GSOH, very intelligent, still does it for me after 38 years
    But I wouldn't say no to George Clooney in my dreams! LOL

3. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

I don't have a type at all. My list of ex boyfriends is a right mish-mash of height, hair colour, body type, style, personality (or lack of all the above where the last ex is concerned!! lol). It's just a matter of "something" being attractive about someone for me... Couldn't pin-point it down to anything particular though.

4. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

Having said that - I DO find myself attracted to guys who have no hair! :)

5. LOL. Quite a nice type, and, as it happens, one of my favourites.

6. A man who does not get drunk and lose all of his valuables: mobile, wallet, keys etc and then wake me up to let him in at 4am will do for me thank you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Someone who can plan and build a proper flight of stairs to the loft, replace an ancient fusebox, dig drainage in a garden prone to flooding, fix a car, sort a leaky roof, make sure I don't forget to take my meds...

8. Any man that is kind and makes me laugh.
    It would be a bonus if he were the practical sort and able ( and willing) to cook - that would be the icing on the cake.
    Oh, and he would cuddle without expecting sex.

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Oh yes, I totally understand this!
    Teenage hormones are as nothing compared to the way mine fluctuate these days!
    Living, legal and reasonably local (I am housebound for long periods!) would do it for me!

Or....if I could afford to be picky....I really go for geeky, intellegence really turns me on!... I love a guy in glasses - they really do something for me, to the extent that I have been known to give a little smile at Homer SImpson in his half-moons!...(Gibbs when he wears glasses..drooooool....excuse me....back in a minute...)I have a slight thing for older guys....I really go for Dominance, someone who can handle me with all the **** I carry around inside me, but not overly forceful, I want loving too!...I'd prefer a non-smoker - but could live with someone who enjoys the occassional cigar....and if he has a thing for dumpy (ok fat!), bespectacled, goofy,geeky Aspies with enough problems to keep a whole Symposium of psychiatrists and counsellors in employment for life! - then we have a perfect match!

Then again, what I really want is someone who makes me feel special...if I feel loved then I will respond in kind....who cares what he looks like?...if he can accept me for who and what I am - and loves me despite of (because of?) my past and how it has scarred me...then can I really ask for anything more?

10. This one please!

11. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Then again, what I really want is someone who makes me feel special...if
    I feel loved then I will respond in kind....who cares what he looks
    like?...if he can accept me for who and what I am - and loves me despite
    of (because of?) my past and how it has scarred me...then can I really
    ask for anything more?

Ah Bethannie, I can relate to this, although not in the league of your problems.
    I have been struggling to think what is 'my type', it has been so long since someone fancied me or vice versa. Had a bit of fling with a younger guy who I used to dance with some years ago, that was so much fun but destined to be purely lust and a shared activity ha ha, oh the memories of the mostly eye contact attraction. Also still in constant contact with 'lover-boy' - those of you who know me from old may remember my life-long friend (literally) who became a bit 'more' in recent years [​IMG]. But not a lot happening on the romance front in my life at the moment and I'm not sure I want there to be, considering how I feel about myself.
    Anyway, I digress. Will have to think a bit longer to come up with a definitive 'my type' although the ability to make me laugh and feel sexy has to be at the top of the list [​IMG]

12. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

Younger than 50 please...with realistic expectations...every male my age who is on the dating site I'm on wants a 25 - 40 year old who is slender/athletic/toned/curvy, under 11 stone, long blonde/brown hair, sporty type. Oh and if you like long coastal walks followed by an evening cuddled up on the sofa with a nice bottle of wine, a good dvd and a woodburner/open fire you've got it made.

13. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I think that after the walk id happily snore and be to tired to do s od all!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm stll trying to figure out my type.
    It would take someone really special and open minded to want to be with me

15. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I love the variety of responses on here.
    Seren, you don't need a partner like that. You need a 'man who does'. I'll send round Mr Belle's Dad, he's great at stuff like that.
    Bethannie, your post is so bittersweet. You're so accepting of who you are and what makes you tick- I think all your friends here wish your knight in shining leather (plus whip) would turn up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Too late....

17. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Mr Belle's dad is already there? :-O

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think it's a bit daft having to rely on one's partner's dad for practical skills - and even dafter to rely on someone else's partner's dad.
    I made my own, long term arrangements! [​IMG]

19. I am with you there BS!
    I needed a man to like cats though...and when I met my OH he wasn't fond of them. Now he has one of his own and is completely besotted. My work is done [​IMG]
    Now I just want trustworthy, reliable, loving, honest...with not too many hang-ups! I need peace..not hassles. I suppose it was important that we had similar aspirations and outlooks...and shared some hobbies, but when you feel completely at ease with someone and you know they love you as much as you love them, despite life throwing you some rather weighty and nasty problems along the way, nothing much else matters really. If I'd been OH I'd have run a mile not long after we met, given all the stuff that's happened. It's to his credit that he is still in my life and now my fiance. Brave man! [*]