1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What’s your Sunday like?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Oct 17, 2020.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Any changes since Covid?
    Same as ever?
    Permanent changes afoot now?

for me if I don’t have a few on Saturday night then I go for a walk and a lovely afternoon meal with the people I can have it with!! Feeling sober is unusual but may become routine... again!

song bother with the papers any more ... all mostly Tory or pompous like the Observer which I used to read with a passion.

song watch much telly do more reading or catch up on some good programmes.

ive still managed to avoid schoolwork given o go in early every day... so far!

Nanny Ogg and colpee like this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

My Sunday will go something like this....

Get up early to take our laundry to the laundrette and go and feed the ducks and swans in the park which I started doing during the lock down period. Then after breakfast if it isn't raining we're off for a walk.

I will do a bit of school work in the afternoon and then cook tea and relax to get ready for the week ahead.

I don't like my school much anymore - we have new management and they are atrocious but the kids are the same.

Half term at the end of the week.

Stiltskin, ACOYEAR8, Sally006 and 2 others like this.
  3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

shopping arrives, laundry gets done, work. football on tv, in season.

4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

My Sunday will be dull and routine. Get up and potter about. Look in on here. Watch a bit of Sophie Ridge and Andrew Marr. Let myself off my usual run and go and buy a Sunday paper instead. My husband will be out working 2 - 10 so I’ll just feed myself. I’ll finish my scarifying and aerating the grass, and then make some fairy cakes. Then TV, reading and crosswords. Tier 2 so can’t have anybody round, although have a few walks with friends planned for in the week.

peakster and colpee like this.
  5. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

We're going out while we still can. Otherwise we do gardening and jobs and relax and have a nice tea.

6. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

@peakster - no washing machine indoors? That would really stress me out.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I hope you are kept indoors.

8. emilystrange

er.. why?

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

My tasks tomorrow, in no particular order:

Go for a walk usually about six miles or so, so takes about an hour and a half.

Get the bike on the bike-stand and tweak the gears as they are slipping a tadge.

Order a Raspberry Pi and accessories from the list that Younger Pee has put together after some research. We (well they) are going to make and programme a family cloud server for our music and stuff.

Finish sorting the shed.

Go to the tip.

That should about do Sunday!

LiamD, Stiltskin and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

My Sundays used to be quite enjoyable. Family round for dinner, day out to Manchester if football's on, retail therapy...
    Now they're used for housework and gardening.

11. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Church - quick lunch - walk while listening to Johnny Walker's 'Sounds of the 70s' (unless Chelsea are playing.....) - dinner - 'stuff' (read / computer / 'work' in pursuit of my interests & hobbies)

None of us have included hours on here......

colpee likes this.
  12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

shopping arrives
    laundry gets done
    work
    football on tv
    in season

My apologies.

13. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

You must walk reeeeeeally fast!

14. emilystrange

i still don't get it, rac. why should i be kept indoors?

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I shall retire, now.

Stiltskin likes this.
  16. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I stride it out when I am walking on my own (i.e when there is no-one with me to complain!) Cross-country is slower but still brisk.

17. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I'll probably get up early, watch a couple of rerun episodes of Battlestar Galactica, then Match of the Day, go back to bed, then actually go to Morrisons before midday.......after that eat, then we'll go for a decent walk, wave to sister in law and family and then get ready for Monday.

18. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

Church for me in the morning - this has evolved over the last 6 months, we're going to do our first live streamed service tomorrow having previously recorded and uploaded them after. I'm chief tech juggler so I have a fair amount of prep to do before the service begins.

19. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Same as every other day ...

20. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

!