1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite 'kiddie' food?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, Aug 15, 2011.

1. I've just had a fish finger sandwich for tea [​IMG]
    A friend recently had a buffet of children's food for her 40th birthday party [​IMG]: party rings, pink wafers, jelly and ice-cream, iced gems, wee sausages, chocolate fingers, etc.
    What are your favourites? Mine have to be fish fingers and weetabix.

2. I've just had a fish finger sandwich for tea [​IMG]
    A friend recently had a buffet of children's food for her 40th birthday party [​IMG]: party rings, pink wafers, jelly and ice-cream, iced gems, wee sausages, chocolate fingers, etc.
    What are your favourites? Mine have to be fish fingers and weetabix.

3. Tunnocks Tea Cakes (before I stopped eating wheat!)
    You can't beat a good fish finger sandwich [​IMG]

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Fish fingers have to be fried, though, not grilled. Else there's no point, really.

5. Oh, now you're talking my language Suze!
    I had a caramel log (same co.) for the first time in years the other day.

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Beans on toast - or boiled egg and (marmite) soldiers. Mmmm.

7. Hmm, I know what you mean. Mine were grilled and completely fell apart!

8. Never had them fried, only grilled!
    I eat the gluten free ones by Youngs and they are a bit greasy compared to normal ones, frying might make this worse [​IMG]

9. eggy bread!

10. Am I the only person who calls this French toast?!

11. Dippy eggs and soldiers!! Although I'm contemplating making my first banana sandwich in about 20 years at the moment....!

12. I thought french toast was that cracker type stuff in packets, delicious spread with butter!

13. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

No, I do to, although my own children call it eggy bread! They ask for 'eggy bread mum, that you call French toast' like I am some dear old biddy in an old folks home they have to humour!

14. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

I saw the thread title and immediately thought "Fish fingers! Fish fingers! Fish fingers!" So can I put another vote in for that please?
    I'm also inexplicably fond of little tiny sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Slightly off topic, but I LOVE the new Aldi fish fingers advert. [​IMG]

16. For my daughter's 7th birthday I did a proper tea for the family, we had four different types of sandwiches minus crusts, lemon drizzle cake, Victoria Sandwich, smarties cookies and carrot cake (all home made [​IMG]), sausage rolls and cocktail sausages. It was so lovely!
    Oh yes, party rings snuck in there too, although no Tunnocks tea cakes!

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

18. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

19. That's brilliant - I haven't seen that before.

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

My sister always does those soft bridge rolls with ham for my niece and nephew's parties. They make me come over all nostalgic, not to mention the little sausages.
    Cheese and pineapple on sticks.
    My absolute favourite memory from parties though is chocolate blancmange, made in a rabbit mould and sat on grass made from chopped up green jelly. I had one at a recent birthday party and thoroughly enjoyed it!