1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite biscuit?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Jan 22, 2011.

1. They are bitty

2. wot doomzebra sed

I like bourbons. and jaffa cakes. and fox' crunch creams. and biscuits that I've made myself.

3. Mint Slices, Tim Tams and Jatz.... all from Oz...
    I know there are similar ones here in the UK, but they are just not quite the same... either the chocolate is different, the biscuit base is different or I just don't know... all I do know is that I either have to get them sent from home or I go to the Aussie Shop when I am in London (I could get Tim Tams from a shop near where I used to live in Brum, but I moved and haven't seen them since...

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Cheddars.

5. Garibaldi biscuits are the only biscuits I eat, even then it's only about three times a year. I love them above all others.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I love cheddars. When we buy boxes of assorted Biscuits for Cheese, I always scoff the cheddars first, so no one else can have them [​IMG]

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I love savoury biscuits! Cheddars are the prince of savoury biscuits.
    I'm particularly partial to the salt & vinegar crinkly mini ones.

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Not heard of them before. Must look at what's on the supermarket shelf more closely.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

They'll be in the crisps & savoury snacks section, kibosh (bag not packet). I tend to spot them in petrol stations!
    I think they also do a cheese & onion version.

10. Hobnobs make my teeth squeak[​IMG] and I can't stand Bourbons.
    My favourites at the moment are milk choc digestives (never dark chocolate) and those thin shortcake bsicuits with raisins.
    Oh, and Cadburys biscuits with THICK milk chocolate around them.
    All with a glass of cold milk.

11. impis

impis New commenter

What I want to know is this: How come everyone learns how to make 'Melting Moments' in school, but you can't buy them in the shops??

12. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

bourbons, jammy dodgers and maryland cookies. I will go through whole packets if i buy them.
    I used to LOVE some choc chip cookies from my local shop, i think they were called Grannies or something. Like sweet rusks. I still think about those sometimes...

13. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Jam sandwich creams - oh yes. Also love custard creams and cheddars too. This is a bad thread to be on. I'm a week into detox.... [​IMG]

14. Branston Pickle flavour mini Cheddars are out of this world!

15. Gypsy creams. Bring back gypsy creams.
    Otherwise I love those pepper biscuits from Ikea.

16. In my wheat eating days, I never did either, does that make me a wierdo too?
    Alas gluten free biscuits don't have the same dunkability as 'normal' biscuits, and there are very few decent ones about... :(

17. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Yep, weird

18. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Digestives every time, just the ordinary ones. Either with a cup of tea or sometimes with a bit of cheese. Mmmmmmmmmm!

19. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Mini Cheddars are clearly crisps, not biscuits.

Twix Top was the ultimate biscuit...

20. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Homemade olive oil biscuits are my favourites when I have time to make them.
    Shopbought - McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives/Bourbons
    I love the Crinkly Cheddars too - the only place I can find them is Iceland - they do prawn cocktails ones too. I also love the extra mature cheddar ones that they do in the non-crinkly version.