1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite biscuit?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Jan 22, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I love, LOVE, Dean's Oat biscuits, especially the Treacle and Coconut ones. They melt in the mouth and are just the right mix of salt and sweet. They are light, but not baked rock hard and they don't crumble to pieces.
    You?

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I love, LOVE, Dean's Oat biscuits, especially the Treacle and Coconut ones. They melt in the mouth and are just the right mix of salt and sweet. They are light, but not baked rock hard and they don't crumble to pieces.
    You?

3. Garibaldis and fig rolls.
    Can you still get them? Not being in the UK, I haven't had one of either for yonks...

4. Chocolate hob nobs. With a glass of cold milk.

5. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Gold Bars take some beating! They're the ones with the Caramac type coating.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Sure can. They remind me of camping holidays as a kid.

7. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I love my mum's special syrup-and-spice biscuits.
    Bought biscuits - Custard Creams or Gingernuts.
    Quite boring really!

8. Foxes Classics! i need to go out and buy some now!

9. Tunnock's Caramel Wafer. Or those ones from M&S with really thick chocolate around the biscuity bit.

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Now these are very good. Much better than Tunnocks Teacakes.

11. Oh, that is another one!
    Grandad always had them in a tin (tartin tin of course) and we were allowed ONE on Sundays! (then a second one when he thought Grandma wasn't looking).
    In fact, I found them a couple of days ago on a German website (when I was hunting for haggis)!

12. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I have most of the above mentioned biscuits in my cupboard. Not saying this to make you all jealous, but I reckon there's a definite link between my biscuit bounty and my weight gain this winter ... [​IMG]

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Were you successful? i hear they can run very fast [​IMG]

14. Yep, managed to shoot a veggie one with my pea shooter!

15. I quite like a Rich Tea

Plain Chocolate Digestive

Jammie Dodger

Bourbon

Perhaps I am cheap and dull

16. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

dark chocolate Hobnobs - no other biscuit comes even close

17. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Maybe I'm a bit dull too, because I only like plain biscuits.
    Used to love Thin Arrowroot biscuits when I was a child- don't know if they still exist.
    Gran used to keep them for digestive upsets!

18. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

It really depends on mood on circumstances. There are days when only a custard cream will do, others when dark chocolate digestives are the only answer.
    Oh and if anyone brings a jaffa cake near me then I'm yours (while I'm aware it is a cake all thought of biscuits disappear). ;)

19. I do not like hobnobs

20. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Then you are a weirdy weirdo and should be mocked and taunted by the assembled populace of several small Franconian towns