1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's wrong with me? - a rant

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by janey1966, Apr 25, 2012.

1. I just wanted to say sorry to hear your having such an awful time, I hope you get some answers very soon. Take care of yourself xx

2. Hey Guys, thanks for all the advice. I rung the doctors again on Friday afternoon but they haven't got any appointments for a few weeks, will try again tomorrow.

I'm fed up of suffering and feeling ill again.

Thanks again. I'm just about ready to try anything.

3. lucyrose50

lucyrose50 Occasional commenter

No appointments for a few WEEKS??? Seriously, you need to change to a different GP if yours take that long to see you!

4. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'd agree. Your symptoms sound very similar to those of a friend of mine, and after being fobbed off by the doctors for ages, they finally diagnosed an underactive thyroid.

5. Finally got another doctors appointment. I rung them up every 10 minutes during my frees and finally got one...it's not til next Thursday though

6. Just a couple of thoughts ... Do you take a lot of steroids for your asthma? This can lower your immunity. Another thought was whether you had ever had your immune system function checked. There are apparently all sorts of syndromes that can cause mild immune deficiency e.g. CFID, CVID. You might not have anything wrong with your immune system at all of course, you may just be exhausted and run down. Hope you manage to get some answers soon.

7. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

I know this is a long shot but have you thought about changing your diet??
    e.g. give up on gluten and WHEAT
    I noticed that when I eat wheat, I get extreme lethargy, foggyness, sugar cravings, tired, mental exhaustion etc etc
    I have eliminated it somewhat for forget to give it up completely, and I am feeling less tired and generally better.
    Give it a go. It may be this. you got nothing to lose eh?

8. I don't eat wheat as it's always made me blotted, but I will try with the gluten thanks

9. Doctors rung me earlier today and asked if I would like to see my doctor this afternoon instead of waiting til Thursday, of course I said yes!
    Still no closer to the truth though, he's reviewed my mediciation and upped the dosage on my inhalers, hoping that'll solve the problem. He wants me to go back in a months time to review my progress, and he's considering putting me back on the pill then not sure what to think of that idea atm.

10. Have you been tested for B12 deficiency? My friend had an awful run of infections, tiredness, depression and odd pains in her hands and feet.They treated her for depression I remember, suggested ME, and tested her for underactive thyroid.They did her blood but it only showed that she wasn't iron-anaemic or short of WBC. She was running out of hope when a new GP ran the B12 test and it showed she was not absorbing enough of it. She started injections and was better in a few weeks. I'm not saying this is what you have but it's only a blood test to find out.

11. Thank you for the suggestion, I will monitor the situation until I return to the doctor in June and if I'm still no better will suggest this.

12. Hi, bella! Just wanted to say thanks for reviving the procrastination thread... I'd sort of given up on it, but has made me feel motivated again. Hope you get all this sorted out, and feel much better soon x

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Wow - I'm impressed by everyone's medical knowledge[​IMG]
    In my old life - we used to get TATT on the form for blood tests. Tired all the time.
    I think you have ticked off all the investigations. Folate and B12 are common and easy to remedy. Iron is always a problem as is the thyroid. White cell count, Haemoglobin levels and the elusive ME / CFS.
    Hope you get yourself sorted. There's lots of therapys out there for managing your life and your energy levels.
    Robyn

14. Thanks for your reply Robyn - not sure why I didn't see your reply early.
    I too was impressed with everyones medical experience. It's been very reassuring at times. Thank you all!
    I'm beginning to slowly feel better, as long as I remember to take all my medication that is!
    Thanks again everyone

15. Oh, that sounds horrible, Bellacute

I'm afraid I've no advice to offer, as haven't had asthma, but I hope you're feeling better soon x