1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the worst feedback you've ever been given in an Interview?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kat Harwood, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Sounds to me like they were admitting to being on very dodgy ground here. I wounder if you had a case here for discrimination.

2. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

I was once asked 'which historical figure interests you most?' To which I replied 'Adolf Hitler'.
    Cue shocked faces from the panel but I ploughed on regardless.
    Didn't get the job. In the feedback I was told that they were a bit shocked when I said that Hitler was the historical figure I identified with most! I still don't know if I misheard the question or they said it wrong!

3. Chris4

Chris4 New commenter

I think the worst feedback I have had was when they just told me all the wonderful attributes of the candidate who actually got the job - she apparently had done loads of preparation for the interview, really knew what she was talking about, really came across well blah blah blah. So in comparison I was just pathetically useless to this paragon of all virtues. It was good for me though, as they weren't particularly polite about it and it was really like a slap across the face to make me toughen up a bit and prepare like a grown up for interviews in the future if I really wanted the job, not just rely on my extensive experience and references. Before that I always concentrated on what I wore and how nervous I was, but after that I got better at preparing, so it was good feedback in a way I suppose though I felt destroyed at the time.

4. Look at all those 2003 names.
    Steerpike, Pettya, whelk, joli, Admin princess, scotia, holqueen, shadocg...... where are they now?

5. tidal

tidal New commenter

At least a couple are still kicking about Lil [​IMG]
    Life moves on..................apparently