1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what's the weather like where you are?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by massivegeoff, Oct 25, 2007.

1. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Temperature a very pleasant 23degrees C.

2. -22° in Moscow this morning. Looks like I won't be going out today...

3. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

We will be.
    8ºC or so - bright sunshine and brilliant deep blue sky, visibility for miles. So is it a long coastline ramble to do some ocean worship, or a trip into the hills for a bracing walk and a bagful of delicious fresh produce at a village market?
    Either way, back by 1500 for Wales v Scotland. For me, a case of 'que pierdan los dos', as the Argy newspaper headlined when England played Brazil ('may they both lose') but not one to miss as long as the sedentary afternoon has been well earned.
    Same exhilarating weather set to continue into next week and then half term...

4. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

I just came back from a spot of langlauf. -23 C in the mountains.
    I believe the term is "bracing".

5. [​IMG]
    Lot warmer here today, -5º C. We're going for a walk on the Rio Duero, literally. Followed by some tapas (chorizo ibérico and torreznos on some yummy bread from one of the nearby villages) with a drop or two of Ribero del Duero.
    Then lunch, siesta ....

6. richev

richev New commenter

Here in Kazakhstan, under 11s do not come to school below minus 30 and 11-18 years olds below minus 35. We have just had a couple of weeks with no students, it got down to minus 44 with a wind chill making it minus 52 or so. We still had to walk to school though!!

7. Think you left an important adjective out there, Karvol...

8. 576

576 Established commenter

23 degrees celsius and sunny. [​IMG]
    Well Feb is the coolest month here!

9. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I think it was down to about 15 C when I left our apartment this morning, but it was pleasantly warm and sunny when I was on duty at break-time.

10. 30 C

Which is cooler than most recent days.

South American Weather is great :)

PS: supposed to be 37 C tomorrow :)

11. 24 in Al Rehab, Egypt. Mostly cloudless, as usual.

12. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

28C on the fair island of Java.Moving towards the end of the rainy season, but it will still rain later. Playing tennis at 8pm under floodlights will hopefully mean a slight drop in temperatures...

13. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

-1 C, but a dry cold as befitting the subarctic desert that is Beijing. Air Quality is rated as Very Unhealthy by the US Embassy (but the sky is a pleasant blue, so I will assume they are just being alarmist). No snow, but still cleaning up red paper from the recent New Year's fireworks extravaganzas.

14. Ditto.
    Nowhere near as bad as it could be though...

15. Around -10, no wind though thankfully, and snowing.

16. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

A neighbour's max-min thermometer clocked -12C on Thursday night. Unheard of for Andalucía.

17. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Well summer has finally arrived! Two sunny hot days in a row. I spent yesterday afternoon watching from a distance the dragon boat racing my daughter has taken up as a school sport. Today was the swimming carnival and she has an unblemished record in breast stroke, freestyle and backstroke set way back in year 3. Last, last and last!!

18. Here in the NW uk at least its not raining!!! some one once told me we only have 3 kinds of weather here in the good old UK
    • it's raining
    • it's been raining
    and yes you guessed it
    • it's going to rain
    I too long for days in the sun...why oh! why! did I come back!!!