1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what's the weather like where you are?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by massivegeoff, Oct 25, 2007.

1. These posts don't make sense.

Have some been deleted?

2. You're right. The bit about Clovis being a spanner has gone. And apparently his rejection of my best wishes for his health. I tell you people, it's not comfortable walking around with an olive branch stuck up your ar5e!

PP (sore)

3. Sandman

Sandman New commenter

Think the Olive branch had the raw deal here. Don't you have a flight to catch.

4. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

I'd noticed that one of my olive branches was missing. Damn! It was the one I was saving for Clovis.

5. 38 degrees C was the last temperature I have seen recorded for Khartoum, Sudan. Sunny. Not a cloud in the sky(?).

The only place hotter is probably hell.

6. Mainwaring

We recorded 49C during one summer in Delhi and we fairly often reach 40+ here in Andalucía.

7. pomunder

pomunder New commenter

Mid evening and stiflingly hot; low - 30s, the sort that presages a thunderstorm, which would be nice as we need the rain. I also need to get off this computer and on to the one which has my reports on it. At least my school is civilised - we get a day off to complete reports (Monday). I'm off for root canal treatment in the morning. Reports AND dental work - what a combination.

Oooh, the crickets have just switched on with a deafening racket.

8. well its cold and sunny but as one term of supply here is more than I earned in an international school its easy to just jet off. A sunny day in the north east.

9. Blimey, 39C, Banks Peninsula New Zealand, send us some snow please!

10. 77 degrees F in Atlanta today - record. Still no sodding water...
    Dang...forgot to water the plants again....

11. Mainwaring

We are still enjoying blue skies and bright sunshine here in the hills of Al Andaluz and also the brilliant stars which go with cold nights. I've just put a couple of logs on the wood burner and as I write this there are several metal monkeys queueing up on the terrace to borrow my brazing iron.

12. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

It is humid and rainy here in Sydney. Quite warm and then the storm clouds gather and it falls down and has been like this for a good few weeks now. Everything is looking lush and green. Kids and dogs are enjoying the mud puddles down at the park.

I had an extraction yesterday. Took her an hour and a half to get the bloody thing out. Ouch! Look like I have done ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

13. pomunder

pomunder New commenter

Hot, dry and windy this evening in Melbourne, with zip rain forecast. I've just annoyed a possum sleeping in the cup a tree fern. Ingrate. I was only trying to water the sodding fern!

14. Banks Peninsula, NZ, 14C and raining, thank goodness, its just like Blighty again. Cant stand the high 30's, especially with the dreaded Nor'westerly.

Poor Yasimum, hope your mouth gets better soon!

Have a great day everyone!

15. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Thank you petejon. Although it is a bit painful all the swelling I had on my face which I thought was due to some dire condition has now gone. I was just chronically infected by that one tooth. What a relief!

Since I resigned from my school in October and the University year has finished, I find myself doing casual days to make a living. I had a dire year six a couple of weeks ago and I have them again tomorrow-joy.

I will write 292 in one corner of the board and meditate on it during the trials of the day.

16. &0 degrees in NC!

Unseasonally warm, but I like it!

Pix x

17. Here in Singapore it's a dry day at last ! At the mixed up school where department 'disfunction' is going on big time...Oz is looking elsewhere now.I've been off the radar for a while but see that Yasimum is back..mm...hope she's saying what she thinks.....are jobs out yet? When's optimum time for job ads ?

18. Mainwaring

The most beautiful day of the winter here in the hills of Al Andaluz. Warm sunshine, blue skies, sitting-on-the-terrace weather and a vivid sunset. I've just stirred the wood burner back into life.

19. Very cold in Cairo. Have the oil heater going and 3 blankets on the bed.

Rained yeaterday and today. No sun, all clouds.

20. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Just had to resurrect this topic as the weather in Australia has been so extraordinary this summer. I really feel the heat yet I can count on one hand the nuber of times I have had the air conditioning on this summer. It has rained and rained and sometimes I felt like I was back in London with consistently grey skies and loads of rain (just a bit warmer). We had a sunny morning today and now (at 4 pm) there is an almighty thunder storm happening. My daughter went to the beach this morning and I am waiting for her to drag her wet and bedraggled self home now!

So has the weather been out of the usual where you are?