1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what's the weather like where you are?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by massivegeoff, Oct 25, 2007.

1. pomunder

pomunder New commenter

Yes indeedy, and set fair for the next few days. Yay!

2. Well Clovis, where is the hottest place on earth now? Perth, Australia the last time I looked. Only 35 degrees C here.

3. CSB, you correct me yet again, although I'm not sure quite why you keep wishing to do so . I am perfectly aware that Khartoum is not as hot as Perth. I do detect you want a bit of a barney. Best do it face to face rather than on here. Oh yes, and getting children to write a diary would be part of literacy, so stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

4. Pretty damn cold in Cairo now. Especially at night.

Clovis. Thought standing next to someone and them not knowing who you are was your MO. Face to face? First time you have supported this lark. Excellent.

PP (looking forward to Christmas drinks with the boys and CSB (a girl I presume)).

5. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Blue skies, brilliant sunshine and about 15C at midday here in Al Andaluz. After each evening's dramatic sunset, single figure temperatures and a glass or two of Valdepeñas red near the wood burning stove.

6. How d'you get that squiggle above the n?

7. Using a keyboard español, which has these as well ¡¿ for Spanish punctuation. In inland Cádiz province it is a bit warmer during the day, creeping up to 20+ degrees, but cool at night.

8. Ah Clovis when do you think we will be able to meet face to face?

Perhaps when things cool down?

Can't you tell boredom is beginning to set in?

9. CSB, I apologize. The school has now been locked down. No one is allowed in or out of school until Saturday, and I have no food, and school has made no provision for me to get any. Thank heavens I'm leaving at Xmas.

10. School has been 'locked down', so not 'knocked up' then?

11. Good to see you are back to your usual ways. A serious issue which you have turned into an opportunity to get personal, so nothing new there then. I might indeed be a fruitcake, but at least i'm not like you. For that I am grateful.

12. Ah Clovis, I bet you can't even get hold of administration to tell them of your plight!

13. PP, I can't get food you **** because I said school had been 'locked down', which means no one leaves or enters.

14. CSB, have spoken to 'administration' and ok to go out now. There was a press briefing this morning, and school wanted nobody caught up in it. Friday could well be dodgy though.

15. Oh, you should have said. I would have sent you a cake.

....with a file in it.

16. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

"Threatening behaviour, telling complete strangers about your financial boosts and hardships in your family are also symtoms,I believe."

All symptoms of being a headteacher? Yeh, I suppose in some cases that would be true. I hope my old man's not reading this or I'll be out of the will

17. Very clever fat 'ead.

18. Well things are hotting up around here.

They are using a big foghorn to broadcast the message that they should come to the demonstration tomorrow after Friday prayers to express their feelings about that woman who blasphemed the prophet. There has been a threat to burn the school down.

So you may not hear much from myself or Clovis for a few days. Most of the staff are going to another area of the city. I know how disappointed you will be.

19. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

Another part of the city? I'd be wanting out of the country!

Surely your contract must have a clause about repatriation if something like this happens (civil unrest whatever)

Keep your head down and don't take any foolish risks

20. Waiting for my exit visa. They take 2 to 10 days.