1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what's the weather like where you are?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by massivegeoff, Oct 25, 2007.

1. as i sit here in my cold dark house in the north east i miss the glorious sunshine and warm weather of thailand. as i also have no gainful employment and realising that i could waltz into such in LOS, i am longing to head back out to that glorious place for teachers called "forn-parts".

unfortunately i can't.

so just rub it in and tell me how nice the weather is in bogota or borneo or wherever you've managed to get jobs in!

2. as i sit here in my cold dark house in the north east i miss the glorious sunshine and warm weather of thailand. as i also have no gainful employment and realising that i could waltz into such in LOS, i am longing to head back out to that glorious place for teachers called "forn-parts".

unfortunately i can't.

so just rub it in and tell me how nice the weather is in bogota or borneo or wherever you've managed to get jobs in!

3. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Brilliant blue sky, the sun is shining, lizards are skittling around my back garden. I'm in the south of France.

4. Warm, tropical and humid ... in Indonesia ...but I am a cold person and prefer ice and snow ... fancy trading????

5. 108 degrees F. No air conditioning. Northern Africa.

6. I Share your pain Massivegeoff!!

I'm in the North west - a dreary day!!

Shell

7. Lizzards (geckos) are skittling around the inside of my flat. I figure that's where my cats got the mites and the giardia and the worms. Bet you all wish you were here!

8. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Still short sleeve weather here in Andalucía. Brilliant sunshine and midday highs of around 24C most days. Cool in the mornings and evenings. I may get round to lighting the woodburners by November.

9. i saw a cloud today for the first time since mid august. and the daily low is hitting the mid 20's Celsius finally, so its just right...although the daily highs are still in the low 30's. nothing wrong with that less than a week from November.

cheers to living vicariously through others:
    k

10. Seville Spain still very pleasant but cooler at night now. Nice blue skies on most days and a high of about 24 at the moment. Must be about the warmest place in Europe at the moment.

11. actually down south for the weekend, and while it is in no way tropical it IS a good deal warmer. and there was this strange bright yellow shining disc that appeared in the sky yesterday as i got past sheffield on the M1. by 'eck, it IS grim oop north!

12. canadashirleyblue, I think I might know you. It is indeed jolly hot in North Africa, in fact, when I watch the international weather on SKYNEWS this fair city is the hottest place on the earth right now. Still in the 40's, I can't be bothered to quote in fahrenheit.

13. You'll need to buy yourself some of those African shirts!
    108 or 110 degrees F I saw both quoted.

14. 24 degrees C (76 F in localspeak) here today. Nowadays, that seems coolish to me, because I have become a Californian wimp.

15. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

33 degrees celsius here but seems much hotter as I just got out of the car which had been sitting in the sun all morning. Thankfully, I am back in some AC now.

16. pomunder

pomunder New commenter

About 22 and VERY windy. Was 29/30 yesterday. But then Melbourne's like that.

17. ahh, a nice light hearted thread at last!

South Island New Zealand, east coast, warm, sunny, 20C, clear dazzling blue sky, light breeze. Warm enough to surf, still snow on the distant alps....cool!

18. Down to 39 degrees C now. I don't have airconditioning in my flat or my classroom. Oh to be in England ...

19. Pomunder, I did not realise that you are in Melbourne. It is my home city. I love itsunpredictable weather. If you do not like it one day you know that it is not going to last. As the saying goes, if you don't like Melbourne's weather, come back in 10minutes. lol

20. BTW weather here in Indonesia hot and humid. Wet season beginning. Rainfalls in afternoon. Power outages of about 5 mins once or twice a day. Not too bad, if you like heat. I loathe heat. Give me ice and snow anyday.