1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the refund on a McDonald's unhappy meal worth?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Ah, that explains your posts then. If you start from that assumption no rational debate about McDonalds is likely to be possible.

agathamorse and Oscillatingass like this.
  2. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

So that photo is from Tennessee, USA not the UK. I presume you have never eaten a McDonalds chicken nugget or at least not recently. I can assure you that the meat inside the batter is of the colour and texture normally found in chicken breast meat. It in no way resembles the cheap nuggets available from supermarkets which are made of chicken meat mixed with other forms of meat. I would argue that once the batter is removed McDonalds chicken nuggets are probably quite a healthy food. But dont let me come between you and your prejudice. Enjoy yourself.;)

agathamorse and Rott Weiler like this.
  3. Oscillatingass

This.

agathamorse likes this.
  4. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I have. They are awful.

install likes this.
  5. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

McDonald's nuggets are made from ground up and shaped chicken. It is nothing like whole chicken breast. In the same way that a burger is different from a steak. I've only rarely eaten at Macdonald's. The food is tremendously sweet and salty.

install likes this.
  6. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I didn't start there; I got there by personal experience.

install likes this.
  7. Oscillatingass

8. Oscillatingass

[QUOTE=" The food is tremendously sweet and salty.[/QUOTE]

I bet yo cant stand salted caramel.

agathamorse and monicabilongame like this.
  9. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

True, but I didn't say it was a good joke.

The punchline I knew was "over the Severn Bridge".

agathamorse likes this.
  10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

We probably go into a McDonalds two or three times a year - when we venture up to Yorkshire there is one that is a convenient place to break the journey.

You know what you are going to get - if you get really fresh fries, they are very nice and the coffee is decent too.

Nobody is forcing anyone to eat there - nobody ever has.

11. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

I guess my main contention with the company -and it's not their fault -is that their name has become synonymous with food. " Can we have a McDonald's ? " " We had McDonald's last night"
    It's like most things -an infrequent visit can't harm. There are families who eat fast food at least once a day.

install likes this.
  12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

We used to go once a week at one time when my daughter collected the toys.

agathamorse likes this.
  13. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Yeah, me too. The toys have since, I understand been banned.

agathamorse likes this.
  14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

They still have them do they not ?

Underneath my Daughter's bed is a white plastic box - there are loads of them in there. She won't let us throw them out.

agathamorse and TCSC47 like this.
  15. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  16. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I like McDonald's, but as many here have said, in moderation. My beef with them are their new straws. You could make the covers of their old plastic ones fly across the room. Tear off about 1cm of the covering. Loosen it and blow sharply into the straw. The cover flies off and follows an elegant trajectory with loops and such if you are lucky. Excellent for embarrassing your wife, but the kids love it!

agathamorse likes this.
  17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I think the toys my Daughter has are of the less valuable variety.

agathamorse likes this.
  18. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I don’t personally like much on the McDonalds menu because I’m not keen on ‘burgers/chicken in a bun’ as a meal anyway. I’ve had their coffee, banana milkshake, apple pie and bacon/egg breakfast muffin at various times in the past, usually on the way back from an airport on return from a holiday. I wouldn’t make a special trip to buy any of these items but they were each ok when I had them.