1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the refund on a McDonald's unhappy meal worth?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Aug 5, 2020.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-53617762

"A six-year-old girl nearly choked on a chicken nugget from McDonald's which her mother has claimed contained a blue surgical face mask."

For balance:

"McDonald's said food safety is of the "utmost importance to us" and said the company places great emphasis on quality control, following "rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections".

Perhaps since the Chancellor is paying half the cost, he'll expect reimbursement and sizeable compensation as well.

install likes this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

How do you get a surgical mask inside a Mcnugget ?

TCSC47, bajan, Jamvic and 5 others like this.
  3. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Poor mother
    Just because it says it's a Happy Meal doesn't mean it's safe."

Yes dear; in fact because it is labelled happy meal and is heated up by McDonalds you really should assume it is extremely unhealthy from the off!

monicabilongame, ajrowing and install like this.
  4. modelmaker

Can we do the easy ones first, like how do you get four elephants in a Mini?

Jamvic likes this.
  5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Two in the front

Two in the back

Next.....

Jamvic, install and agathamorse like this.
  6. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

How much of the mask did she eat? Did it taste the same as the nugget?

TCSC47 and install like this.
  7. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Ms Arber said she and her daughter have been put off McDonald's "for life".

Well at least some good has come from this.

8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

You scrunch it up real small, push it into the McNugget as best you can while holding same under the table, pop the crumbly mess into your mouth and get it all mushy and then spit it on the kid's plate and jump up yelling about how your child nearly choked on it.
    Ker-ching!
    These Canadian pioneers showed us the way...

9. modelmaker

I wouldn't mind betting it tasted better, but maybe we have a food critic on here who can advise in a more professional capacity than I can. I've never eaten a chicken Mcnugget or could say which part of a chicken nuggats might be found. I know where the wings, legs and breast are, but who among us has cut up a chicken and reserved the nuggats for the kids?

My guess would be they are mechanically removed and reconstitued meat from chicken carcasses and instead of turning it in pet food, now that pet owners are more concerned at what their pets eat, the food industry turned it into kids' food.

But I'm open to be proved wrong.

monicabilongame and ajrowing like this.
  10. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

How do you get two whales in a Mini?

11. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

:D:D:D

Jamvic likes this.
  12. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

It doesn't work written down.:(
    (M4)

13. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Strange how the mother was concerned for the immediate health issue but thought it appropriate to foster a life long love of artery blocking carp by taking her daughter there in the first place. Frequent visits to these places should class as neglect and be reported to social services.

TCSC47 and install like this.
  14. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

You can't. It's already got 4 elephants in it :p

15. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Drop one in the large vat where the ground up chicken is put before being shaped into one of the 4 different shapes.

16. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

McDonalds say the chicken is entirely breast meat, not reconstituted anything.

It's very unlikely that McDonalds would say that if wasn't true. They know that there are a zillion anti-McDonalds campaigners out there scrutinising everything they claim and just waiting to report them to the authorities if they make false statements.

17. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

Agreed.
    The thing with McDonalds is it’s easy to bash it but it is what it is. It doesn’t pretend to be healthy food. No one goes there and says ‘I thought I’d lose weight eating here 3 times a day’. It’s fast food, it’s convenient and a lot of people like it and choose to eat it. It’s not stealthily trying to make people fat and unhealthy. In fact, they clearly display the calorie content of every single item on their menu, and further nutritional information is available on their website. They might ask ‘do you want that large’ when you order, but they don’t say ‘wouldn’t you rather have a Big Mac’ if you order a salad.
    I’m not here promoting them or anything but it’s lazy to blame them for our increasingly obese society.

18. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Exactly - if you don't like the food - don't go in.

19. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I have always enjoyed the occasional quarter pounder with cheese with the emphasis on occasional. I have the same attitude towards beer. All things are fine in moderation, you just have to accept responsibility for your own health rather than having a go at big corporations or the government.

20. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

mothorchid likes this.