1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the maximum number of candidates you've experienced at an interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bumble-bee89, May 5, 2011.

1. As the title says really, today I had my first interview and there were 10 of us! I thought that was a bit much. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get the job.

2. As the title says really, today I had my first interview and there were 10 of us! I thought that was a bit much. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get the job.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

When I first started teaching many moons ago, when there was also a surplus I had an interview with 6 candidates.

4. Last jon there were 14 interviewed over 2 days. They took 5 of us out of the 7 on my day through to the afternoon after they had done the lesson observations. There were three posts at the school though.

5. I went for an interview on Weds and they're interviewing right through to next Weds [​IMG] Not sure how many people they're seeing but its certainly worrying.
    I'm applying for FE jobs and the numer of applicants for each post is horrendous.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Look at it proportionally. 10 interviewees out of 200 applicants is not that many. 5 interviewees out of 50 applicants is actually more.