1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what's the best thing you have in your outdoor area

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by khaseer, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Have got a little (stress the little) bit of money and want to start to enhance our outdoor area which is rather outdated. If you had roughly £1000 pounds what would you buy for your outdoor space? Equipment/resources need to be long term and durable as hoping to seek more funding form external agencies later on this year.

2. Have got a little (stress the little) bit of money and want to start to enhance our outdoor area which is rather outdated. If you had roughly £1000 pounds what would you buy for your outdoor space? Equipment/resources need to be long term and durable as hoping to seek more funding form external agencies later on this year.

3. A shed which staff and the children can access for continuous provision - with wheel out trolleys full of resources.

4. The most used resources in our outside area are a stage area built from old scaffolding planks with two posts at either side for hanging curtains . Children use it for shows, making camps and role play. Our B&Q playhouse is also very popular. It has been a garden centre, shop, police station, Park keepers hut and santas grotto.
    Both can be used when its raining which has enabled us to use the outdoors more in horribe weather.

5. Great big shed, so that you can store stuff, its a nightmare to collect lots of goodies only to have nowhere to store them.

6. Agree with the above plus den making equipment milk crates, bread crates, poles, material to hang over children just love it. Plus large water play a must for outside using guttering, tubes, etc.
    We recently sent out a begging letter to parents and got loads of stuff including drain pipes and guttering, jugs, bowls, small world toys, plants and seeds etc Try parents first and see what you get then go to the shops.
    A new catalogue and new company I stumbled across has got some very reasonable prices only £40 for 12 milk crates etc. They are called cosy and can be emailed orders@cosydirect.com they don't seem to have a web page as yet. They have got some lovely stuff and came recommended by Jan White.

7. hiya i recently started a post about WOODEN OUTDOOR NUMBERS (which my husband a cabinet maker made for us) we have used them so much since putting them up for all sorts of activities and the children painted them so they love them too .... we are in the process of painting our wooden bugs and flowers which we will use for SSM - aswell as them brightening up the area! contact me for prices if you are interested