1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best software for Lesson Planning & Tracking Discipline

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by crallan78, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend a software program that will help me plan lessons, store them in a calender and keep track of students discipline/contact parents? I'm a secondary teacher.

2. Someone will probably come up with a fantastic piece of software that you could use, but for starters you could use the calendar feature in Outlook?

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

4. THANK-YOU! Learning score is brilliant - exactly what I've been looking for (countless hours searching the internet).

Now I just need something for tracking students - I hope the learning score guy continues to develop software as his program is brilliant.

Class dojo looked good but I don't think it would work as well for high school.

Thanks again.

5. Thanks for replying - I have a mac so don't have access to outlook.
    Cheers.

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Wouldn't a simple spreadsheet suffice?

7. Sure I could but I'm hopeless with excel and I love fiddling around with nifty programs.

8. I've used TPIM (Teachers Personal Information Manager) from CSF Software for years. I know there are cheaper (free) ways to do things but it's one of the best resources I've ever bought.

9. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

I like TPIM as well - I have had it for years and still use it for registers & quick notes on lessons.
    I also use Evernote (as do millions of others!)
    I wrote about it here.