1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best course you have ever been on?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by silenceapres3, Oct 19, 2015.

1. silenceapres3

silenceapres3 New commenter

Does anyone have a cracking course to recommend to a supply teacher trying to keep her CPD up to date? I have to pay for the course and travel and lose a day's pay so I want to do something which I can get heaps of mileage out at interview and in the classroom. Anything on the new GCSE and teaching translation skills? Bill Rogers the Ozzie behaviour management guru is coming to the UK in the spring but costs £400!

2. karaka

karaka New commenter

I would get on Twitter and check out #mfltwitterati
    Lots of free ideas going!

3. lucyrose50

lucyrose50 Occasional commenter

ALL's Language World is absolutely brilliant - 2 day conference for a similar price to a lot of one/half day courses, with lots of different sessions so you can choose the most relevant ones for you. Even outside the sessions themselves, it's a fantastic opportunity to meet colleagues, share ideas and generally reawaken your enthusiasm for teaching and for the subject. You go home brimming with ideas, resources and excitement for your next lessons!
    I'd also recommend joining your local ALL group as they often organise very cheap/free events that can be excellent - things like Show and Tell events where teachers bring resources and ideas to share, or CPD sessions run by other members.

scattykatty likes this.
  4. acesarato

acesarato New commenter

Many universities offer free workshops which are often on school days, which you have the advantage of being able to attend over teachers who can't be granted the cover. Get on as many mailing lists as possible not to miss out.