1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best but worst excuse you've been given...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MikelAngeloBSc, May 24, 2020.

1. MikelAngeloBSc

MikelAngeloBSc New commenter

I'm compiling a list of ridiculous excuses that have been given to teachers from students or parents, could be for anything i.e. lateness, no homework, bullying... you get the point. If I get enough good ones I might turn them into a book. Please give any relevant details.

The best I've had so far was from a year 10 who walked into the classroom and without even being asked said "Sorry I'm late sir, I had to kidnap someone and it took the ****"

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Garfield beat you to it.

41314FFE-D998-4A97-8EA5-35D7CB778397.jpeg
    D2D89B07-15F3-4389-BE96-B3ACEBD94EA5.jpeg

rararasputin likes this.
  3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Good evening, Reece Douglas.

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

The same thought had crossed my mind.

nomad and Jamvic like this.
  5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

6. Nealswife

Nealswife Occasional commenter

I could see the 2 girls dancing the Moon walk, in the toilets, in front of the mirror - one came back. I didn't have to ask - I did say I saw her dancing....she just said sorry and got to work. Other girl, went back to the toilet...singing 'I'm bad, really bad..'

20 mins later, she returns, wide eyed and knows there's trouble! Class looked, silent., knew there would be trouble...

'Nicola, what were you doing, in the toilet all this time?

'A very long poo...?'

The whole class laughed, not a straight face nor dry eye in the room - she saw the funny side and laughed so hard kids, fell to the ground and rolled around on the carpet, feet in the air, like Peppa Pig!

7. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

The only friend or family I have in the world lives 260 miles away...

emilystrange, ajrowing and gainly like this.