1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's stopping us?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by pricklyhedgehog, Feb 18, 2011.

1. What's stopping us from writing/emailing local MSP's and councillors asking for their support? (for our pay and conditions not to be eroded) The unions will want us to strike but if we ALL campaigned our MSP's and councillors that would surely be a force to be acknowledged? Also I suggest we let parent and the wider community know how many hours we actualy work. We should all use a 'clock in and out' timetable and post them to th press. I amd sure that this would dispel the myth that we only work 9 to 3. Could the EIS coordinate this?

2. What's stopping us from writing/emailing local MSP's and councillors asking for their support? (for our pay and conditions not to be eroded) The unions will want us to strike but if we ALL campaigned our MSP's and councillors that would surely be a force to be acknowledged? Also I suggest we let parent and the wider community know how many hours we actualy work. We should all use a 'clock in and out' timetable and post them to th press. I amd sure that this would dispel the myth that we only work 9 to 3. Could the EIS coordinate this?

3. Nothing, I hope. I've already done so.

4. holdingon

holdingon Occasional commenter

me too and also most of my school as well