1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's on your 'driving to an interview' music playlist?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lilykitty, Nov 13, 2011.

1. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

OK, I've thought about all the silly, irrelevant things like my lesson, possible interview questions, how to get there, what to wear, etc. and now it's time to get down to the really important stuff!
    I get in the car, I plug in my iPod and I listen to........
    What would be your 'driving to an interview' playlist?

2. I was thinking of heavy Drum & Bass, but I chickened out!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Really good idea for a thread this.
    Though for me, as my hand still won't let me drive yet, can hold a steering wheel but depressing the gear lever woiuld not be good yet and have to rely on husband and son for transport will have to have their choice.
    BUT for the future possibly an upbeat song like Queen We are the champions on the way there and something soothing and classical for the return journey?

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I got my deputy headship and two headships having played Madonna's 'Immaculate Collection' whilst driving to and from the interviews (and for secondary jobs it's at least two days at a time).
    I'm not usually daft and superstitious, but after the first job I felt obliged to play it for the subsequent two. Then I ended up lending the tape to friends going on interviews!

5. Ooooh- love this idea! I resigned from a horrid job last year, after having taken some time off for stress.
    I managed to get three interviews and played Katy Perry's "Firework" on the way in to motivate myself. Just to steal a line- "Maybe the reason why, all the doors are closed, is so you can open one to lead you to your perfect road...."

Well, I got the second and really now am on the 'perfect road'! Thank you Katy!

6. Hahah, for my interview last week I had on Florence and the Machine's new album!! Decided it was good luck!! Something cheerfulish - sing along to wake your voice up! :)

7. Great album.

8. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Isn't it? Of course, it's probably my ultimate 'good times' album as a result.

9. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

Some great ideas here - I haven't listened to the Madonna collection for ages so I think I'll definitely put some of that on, maybe some Katy Perry (not 'Peacock' though - I can never get that one out of my head and I don't want to be singing that to myself all day!), and probably the classic 'Don't rain on my parade!'
    Hope it helps!