1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's it like in London post Olympics?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chloejewel, Aug 14, 2012.

1. chloejewel

chloejewel New commenter

I wasn't able to get to London to watch any of the events, but would like to have a wander around near the park and do a spot of shopping at Westfield. Is it still very busy? Will I be able to get anywhere close to the Olympic park?

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

its back to normal....westfield was only half full today and canary wharf not busy whe i went there........roads are moving and traffic is light....not sure about the parking at westfield though.you need to check as it had been suspended till after the olympics.Most local streets are parking zones!
    If your coming by train or tube you should be ok!
    You wont be able to visit the park as it closed getting ready for the para olympics there are some viewing areas but unsure if the 'monstrosity' next to the stadium is open to the public.....if you want to see it from the train the best one is probably the DLR heading in and out of stratford!

3. Could you get there for the Paralympics? A day pass to the Olympic park will give you the chance to see how amazing the whole place is, I believe they will be selling' returns' so you could get into some of the venues.
    http://www.tickets.london2012.com/