1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's happened to the Henley report and the Government's response?

Discussion in 'Music' started by jonsavage, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Is it me, or have things gone rather quiet since Darren Henley filed his report with the DfE and they released their response? Does anyone, anywhere, know what is happening in response to any of his recommendations? In particular, what about this National Plan for Music Education? If there was one initiative that you thought might happen out of all this, then this was it. Anyone got any news on it, the steering group constitution, remit, etc?

2. Is it me, or have things gone rather quiet since Darren Henley filed his report with the DfE and they released their response? Does anyone, anywhere, know what is happening in response to any of his recommendations? In particular, what about this National Plan for Music Education? If there was one initiative that you thought might happen out of all this, then this was it. Anyone got any news on it, the steering group constitution, remit, etc?

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Nick Gibb, Schools' Minister, said the following in a parliamentary written answer on the 18th May:
    "We will respond to his recommendations [i.e. Darren Henley's] with a new national plan for music education in the summer."
    I've not heard anything more definite than "in the summer".