1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's happened to our levels?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Hercules10, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hi
    Does anyone what has happened or where NC levels are for RE now officially as it all seems to have disappeared from any government websites?
    I have paper copies of course but tend to plan at home using levels on net but can't find the official ones anywhere apart from non government sites.

Is it part of the bigger plan I have heard about to get rid of the levels and get some new ones (please, I hope)?

2. Hi
    Does anyone what has happened or where NC levels are for RE now officially as it all seems to have disappeared from any government websites?
    I have paper copies of course but tend to plan at home using levels on net but can't find the official ones anywhere apart from non government sites.

Is it part of the bigger plan I have heard about to get rid of the levels and get some new ones (please, I hope)?

3. 576

576 Established commenter

There are no national curriculum levels because RE is not (and never has been) a national curriculm subject.
    There were some suggested levels produced by QCA which were adopted by many authrities but were not 'official' or mandatory.
    But.... QCA is on it's deathbed - with all it's roles being taken over by the Dept of Education.
    Your local LEA RE advisor or SACRE should be able to provide you with a copy of the levels which are used in your authority.
    If you plan at home & have paper copies - why not keep a paper copy at home?

4. Hi
    Thanks. Yes, that all makes sense. I guess I am just used to getting the stuff online. My LA have dreadful pupil speak levels so I guess I'll stick to my paper copies of QCA.