1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's going on withCDAP?!

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by ghowells84093, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Can anyone please tell me the latest info about the WAG CDAP? Have had a vague e mail about how it is under review after September and they are relaxing the reporting arrangements but a colleague was told on a course this week that it is being completly scrapped. We have a new Nursery intake coming in and if there is no need to do it any more it would save the teacher a lot of work.....If anyone can shed any light on the subject I would be very grateful!

2. Can anyone please tell me the latest info about the WAG CDAP? Have had a vague e mail about how it is under review after September and they are relaxing the reporting arrangements but a colleague was told on a course this week that it is being completly scrapped. We have a new Nursery intake coming in and if there is no need to do it any more it would save the teacher a lot of work.....If anyone can shed any light on the subject I would be very grateful!

3. We have been told by LEA to continue assessing on entry (otherwise we would have no baseline at all!). But data will not be collected. We await further information. No longer a requirement to provide a written report, but I feel it is easier to copy and paste from the statements than try to explain to each parent what step 3, or 4 etc means. We have continual new entrants (as they turn three), and are assessing upon entry.

4. Thanks for your help - we are continuing as usual like you we have new children starting in our Spring Nursery - it's hard going, isn't it! We are giving written copies of the starements similar to you - much easier than going over it 25 times! Let's wait and see how it all pans out. Thanks again