1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

[​IMG]

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Don't you have one of those glasses that holds a whole bottle?

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I found a lonely bag of braised mince in Murphy's at the bottom of the freezer this morning, so I'm making a cottage pie which will be served with...peas[​IMG] of course, C would have nothing else! There's some of my dad's birthday cake left so I'll be snaffling a bit of that for later on too.

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Very appropriate for the dinner thread take-two. We are having take-two of the Keralan Fish curry. Plain rice this time. It was tasty enough on its own not to need lemon rice.
    Pudding will be a Curly Wurly. I'm back on the diet wagon after a fun half term!

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

chicken, bacon and avicado salad with salsa verde - G spotted it in the Waitrose magazine and decided he liked the sound of it!

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Oh, that sounds like a plan!

7. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Definitely a plan!

Bringing out the winter sausage and mash tonight. Onion gravy and all :)

8. A big plate of hot, steaming mushroom and green bean risotto! In PJs and dressing gown having just had a hot bath! Feels like we've just gone back after October half term, never mind June!

9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Joining in the wintry feeling with liver, onions and mash.

10. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

CQ's Somerset pork. I put too much honey and herbs in but I'll do better next time. Youngest added chilli! Sorry CQ but he just can't resist.

11. I found something labelled pasta goop in the freezer which I think will be perfect for this weather. I'll have it with some red onion and cheese topped bread I got from the artisan market in Frome ( which is a brilliant market btw. 1st Sunday of the month)
    It's STILL raining here. Dog keeps looking at me....I think he's hoping it never stops!
    No, it's because the cat's in his bed!

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Talking of Manashee's Farty Stew, I made sausage, mash and onion gravy for my brother-in-law once. He was sent home from work early because the smell was stopping everyone else from working.
    I can't believe he was honest about why he was home early. He's never lived that down!

13. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!!
    Mr Manny is cooking dinner - WOOOO!
    Aye, so it's only sausage, beans & mash and I've had a pint of chilled Heineken (obligatory footy watching suppage), but this is GREAT!! :-D

14. cinnamonsquare

With any luck they'll have to send me home early tomorrow too! [​IMG]

15. cinnamonsquare

Congratulations! Make the most of this!

Sausages are popular tonight.

Edit: I'm making that up - upon checking, it's only 2 of us!

16. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

French onion soup, made last night.
    Will do a twist on the gruyere toast topping and we've crumpets to use up so will toast them with gruyere and cheddar on top.

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Remains of last night's gammon in a ham and pea risotto. Now garlic bread or not?

18. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

Left over from Sunday lunch Jamie's chicken tagine - with fennel, preserved lemons and olives. Sadly polished off the left over champagne last night [​IMG] and the blackberry and apple crumble also vanished.

19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

You had left over champagne? [​IMG]

20. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

Well we had quaffed a lovely bottle of red. But yes - a rare event but lovely to have on a Monday evening!