1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyone having for dinner tonight....the sequel!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 11, 2012.

1. theeditor

theeditor Occasional commenter

Watched the Travelman with Noel Fielding in Copenhagen the other night and as it's so hot and sticky today I've decided to do Danish open sarnies. Hopefully
    will be something like this.

. Open Sarnie.jpg

I have raspberries and Portuguese natas for pud and a bottle of cava in the fridge.

I hope that all of you who are lucky enough to live near water haven't suffered too much from a numpty invasion and are managing to enjoy the warm weather.

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The other half of the pizza dough that I made on Friday. The hard work is done. It just needs shaping, topping and cooking.

Lara mfl 05 and primarycat like this.
  3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

It'll be fish and green veg, not much of it either. Walking up to the park with a picnic for husbands birthday - sarnies for him, savoury biscs and cheese for me with a bit of salad. Last night we sat out eating with friends doing Desert Island Discs - 3 pieces each, say why you chose them, choose one track to play, two people go between each course. It was brilliant - found out little surprising things about people we've known for eight years and everyone had good stories to tell. We didn't know if they were that keen but they really took it on. A special night. Playlist is on Spotify - Birthday on a Desert Island. Appetizers were crudites and dips from one friend, I did a rather lovely ( thank god) mild and flavourful chilli with a small salad, then another friend did a chocolate and coconut tart and a really delicious coconut, elderflower and lemon curd roulade, then there was a good cheese board and crackers from other friends. Husband has had good toys - a beard trimmer, a hedge trimmer and a leaf blower for starters, then chocolate, a tartan face covering and a book about whisky so he's a happy bunny.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Satay chicken and noodle salad.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Courgette gratin followed by blackberries and ice-cream. :D

nizebaby and primarycat like this.
  6. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Just had a white pudding sandwich in toast with ketchup. Tonight will be pork and peppers fried with chorizo, tomatoes and basil. On rice. There are strawberries, raspberries and meringues too.

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Chicken in some kind of sauce with peppers and mushrooms aka what have left in the fridge!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Taking advantage of the half price offer in local restaurants, off to Newhaven tonight, will post what we had later or tomorrow.

primarycat likes this.
  9. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Hello all. Now recovered from a pretty miserable allergic asthma thing and feeling up to sharing recipes etc!

I had a fanciful idea in the market this morning as we were hunting for ratatouille ingredients. Here it is:

make a rat out of unusual colours and see where it leads. For example, green tomatoes, while aubergines, yellow courgettes and black sweet peppers.

Me, I like my tomatoes sweet, tasty, probably ugly and RED.

10. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Salmon tonight with pots and tenderstem brocc.

Marshall likes this.
  11. primarycat

Sounds horrid @nizebaby. Glad you are recovering.

Pasta which isn't carbonara tonight as I like both cream and courgettes added.

nizebaby likes this.
  12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

It's my 'fasting day' so meatballs for Mr L with veg from the garden and a salad for me. I saw one with thinly sliced apple, cucumber and red onion I want to try. So picked our first Lady Sudely apple for the purpose. Might have a hard-boiled egg with it perhaps.

primarycat likes this.
  13. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

It does, doesn't it? Still, I'll have try it just once before it becomes the new vegan sensation!

14. primarycat

Not the coloured vegetables- they sound delicious! Being ill I meant.

BelleDuJour and nizebaby like this.
  15. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Don't want to eat but I must so I'm just having a jacket potato. Not decided whether it's a normal potato or a sweet potato.

primarycat likes this.
  16. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Got it wrong yesterday, went to Cuckmere Haven and had lamb koftas with chips, tasted identical to the ones I had in Beirut, so well done chef. Newhaven tonight.

primarycat and Marshall like this.
  17. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Hee hee! Being ill is horrid, so it's good to be on the mendxxx

18. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Brewers Fayre, very poor, menu all some sort of meat with chips and peas, food ok, but had one glass of wine, ordered a second, no sign of it after 10 mins, so re-ordered, still no wine, complained when the bill came and they knocked £5 off the bill. That's not the point, I twice asked for a second glass of wine which never appeared. Don't worry Brewer's Fayre, we'll avoid your company in future.

lindenlea, primarycat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  19. primarycat

The plan for tonight is scallops and chips from the fish and chip van here. It has a good reputation so looking forward to it.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Dishy Rishi’s discount scheme seems to be taking a lot of establishments by surprise. I feel for the staff.
    We have escaped to my parents mainly to get away from the hideousness of Bournemouth and to help C who is really struggling with working at home and work in general. So he’s working in the breakfast room with a lovely view and fresh air. I’m spending my time with gorgeous little great-niece who is utterly adorable.

Taking the folks out for a meal at an Italian they like. I’ll probably have risotto. The heat here is unbearable!

Hope you are all well x